I have one more Lorax birthday party DIY project that I must share with you. When I started thinking about the decorations for Teagan’s birthday party I knew that we had to have some Truffula Trees through out the room. Teagan adores the Truffula Trees – she calls them Lorax Trees. So cute. I decided that I would make some Truffula Tree Centerpieces to keep the fun Lorax theme through out the room. This is what I came up with – the moment Teagan saw them she knew exactly what they were. Success!
How to Make Truffula Tree Centerpieces
5 inch flower pots
tissue paper – multiple colors
shredded paper or ribbon
1. Cut the floral foam into squares. Mold the foam to fit into each flower pot. Glue ribbon around the flower pot for decoration.
2. Create Tissue Paper flowers. Take 6 sheets of one color tissue paper. Fold the tissue paper into a fan. Wrap the floral wire around the middle of the fan. Cut the ends of the tissue paper to make petals. I simply cut a triangle on each end. Slowly and carefully pull the ends of the tissue paper. Make sure none of the tissue paper is stuck together. Do one sheet at a time.
3. Once the tissue paper flower is done, hot glue it to the dowel. Let dry overnight.
4. Place paper flower and dowel into the foam. Once secure, shape the flower into a round truffula tree.
5. Cover foam with the shredded paper or ribbon. Your Truffula Tree is born!
I put 2 Truffula Tree Centerpieces on each table and then decorated the candy bar with 2 Truffula Trees as well. Adding The Lorax book make the Truffula Tree perfect too!! I was pretty happy with these centerpieces and they really did not take long to do! A must try!
How have you decorated for your child’s birthday recently?