Monday my friend Lauren and I ventured to a local recreation center in search of this thing called Aqua Zumba. I am sure all of you have heard of Zumba but this is Zumba in the pool. We gathered our pool things and jumped it, we had NO idea what to expect but I believe that both of us were pleasantry surprised and pleased with our hour work out!
I am not much of a working out girl – but this is my kind of work out, it went fast, it was fun and I felt it in the morning! If you can find an Aqua Zumba near you, I really recommend it. Right now our plan is to attend the Aqua Zumba class at least once a week, there are 2 classes offered per week so on weeks that are not too busy I might go for a second day as well.
Aqua Zumba Tips/Information:
1. Wear a One Piece suit that covers your goods, seriously, I had on a tankini and it was interesting.
2. Drink water during, yes, during. Just because you are in the water does not mean you do not need to hydrate during your work out.
3. Check your pride at the door. Dance, push it, work it hard – the more you push and the more you get into the Zumba dance the more calories you will burn.
4. Water should come to your chest, this allows you to get a great upper body and arm work out with out bending into the water.
5. So you love the idea of Zumba but your joints cannot handle it – this is for you! Very low impact cardio option.
6. Being in the water can help to improve circulation while your heart pumps more efficiently.
7. A great option for those who are intimidated by dancing in front of others – because you are under the water you will not feel self-conscious about missing a step!
8. Water shoes might be a good idea for you to get traction on the pool floor and protect your feet.
9. Keep in mind that you cannot move in the water as fast or with ease, the dance moves will be half time compared to normal Zumba.
10. Have fun! And Keep Moving!
Here is a video from an Aqua Zumba Class that looks so fun!