I like cake. We all like cake but during the summer I am not a fan of turning on the oven unless I have too. Recently, I was introduced to crock pot cake – yes you read that correct. Cake made in the crock pot and I put it on my must try list but instead of sticking with a traditional fudge chocolate cake I decided to add a little flair to our dessert.
Chocolate Cherry Crock Pot Cake
Free Printable Recipe Here.
1 box chocolate cake
2 cans (21 ounces) Cherry Pie Filling
1 stick butter, melted
1 TBSP water
1. Place the cherry pie filling in the crock pot.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine the cake mix, butter and water. Stir carefully until the cake mix becomes crumbly. Basically you just want all of the mix to be wet from the butter and water.
3. Pour cake mixture on top of the cherry pie filling in the crock pot. Try to evenly coat the cherry pie filling.
4. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
5. Once baked, serve warm as is or serve over vanilla ice cream! Delicious!
I was pleasantly surprised by this creation and decided I will be trying more crock pot cakes this summer for fun desserts for the family. So many options! One of the best parts about this dessert? The uncooked batter – yes, no eggs, that means you can lick the spoon or bowl or both with out worrying about getting sick! Woot!!
I found that this cake was super moist and was perfect for an ice cream topper.
I would love to hear the creative ways you have used your crock pot for dessert or other meals! Share below!