I adore appetizers but I love creating a little twist when I prepare them for big get togethers like game days and parties. One of my very favorite appetizers is Caprese Salad; the fresh tomatoes and basil with my favorite cheese is hard to beat but when I was preparing our menu for a big basketball bracket pick party I challenged myself a bit.
A classic Caprese Salad with a traditional app twist! My first step to creating this deliciousness on a stick was picking up our favorite Mozzarella Sticks and then filling our house with the amazing aroma of fresh basil – seriously the best smell when cooking!!
Caprese Salad Skewers with Mozzarella Sticks
Free Printable Recipe Here.
Fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 TSP Italian Seasoning
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Long Appetizer Skewers
1. Begin by preheating oven and baking the Mozzarella Sticks as directed on the package.
2. Wash and prepare the tomatoes and basil leaves.
4. Once the Mozzarella Sticks are cooked, let them rest for 5-10 minutes.
5. While waiting for the sticks to cool off begin building the skewers. Each skewer should have 1 tomato and one large basil leaf.
6. Cut each Mozzarella Stick in half and add a half to each skewer.
7. Place on a large serving plate with a small bowl of the balsamic dipping sauce. For those of you that like a saucier Caprese Salad, you could drizzle some over all of the skewers as well. Enjoy!
This appetizer was a hit with all of our party guests, even the kids. The colorful flavors from a classic Caprese Salad favorite but with the addition of the crispy Mozzarella Sticks makes this a must have for any occasion that you may need finger food. Most of the time our guests didn’t even use the dipping sauce because the flavors and textures were so perfect without sauce. YUM!
I have decided to make these adorable Caprese Salad Skewers for lunch now too. Oh, and for those of you like me, BUSY, this amazing appetizer plate did not take long at all to prepare. While the Mozzarella Sticks baked I did all of the prep work. Super easy!!