Instant Pot…so now what?
Tips I have gathered so far:
1. Read the manual. Yeah, got to do that for this one. This is not just your ordinary pressure cooker.
2. Start normal…what does that mean? Be basic with your recipes at first, jumping right to the yogurt or cheesecake might not be the best idea.
3. Ask people for their favorites. Get recipes from friends that have had successfully meals so far!
4. Join the Instant Pot facebook group. Did this, totally overwhelmed but so many great people with amazing tips and ideas.
5. Before use, clean Instant Pot by pressure cooking a cup of water to clean and sterilize the unit.
6. Learn the basics of cooking time for the Instant Pot. Again, read the manual.
7. Experiment! Take a weekend to check out the rice cooker, saute feature and even the set it and forget it feature. Time to get to know this new appliance that just might change your meal planning and prepping forever!!
8. I stated to a friend that I was terrified of pressure cookers due to the “blowing up” issue! She assured me this was safer as long as you learn how to release Instant Pot when pressure cooking.
Questions I have for you:
1. Your simple dos and don’ts.
2. Favorite recipes.
3. Your favorite features and settings.
4. Cleaning tips.
5. Favorite add on items and accessories.
Please leave me any great Instant Pot knowledge you can! I am excited and terrified to be in this club but want to rock it!
Instant Pot….do you have one?