I have used essential oils for a few DIY projects like “Monster Be Gone Spray”, Natural Floor Cleaner, Bug Repellent, Salt Scrub and Spider Spray. All of these creations have been great additions to our household uses but now that we are branching out to more essential oil use I decide to try the diffuser tutorial.
Rosemary & Lavender Reed Diffuser
This DIY project is so easy and I love it. Keep in mind, you can substitute either scents for your own favorite combos.
Glass bottle – any shape or size
Reeds – I used bamboo skewers cut in half
1 TBSP rubbing alcohol or vodka
Essential oils of your choice – 25 drops total
Carrier Oil – I used sweet almond oil, you could use baby oil or safflower oil
1. In a mixing bowl or measuring cup combine carrier oil with the vodka/alcohol and stir gently.
2. Add 25 drops of essential oil to the mixture. I added 15 lavender and 10 rosemary to my diffuser.
3. Carefully pour the mixture into glass bottle.
4. Place reeds into oil. Let the reeds get saturated with the oils and then flip the “dry” side back into oil.
5. You will want to rotate which ends are in the scent solution about once a week.
Post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!