Breakfast has been a struggle with our kids over the years. Jude is getting better at eating breakfast and not wasting a ton of time in the morning but our little miss is completely different. Breakfast is a daily battle with her. She eats like a bird and so slow! During the summer we can be a little lazier in the morning but with school quickly approaching we have to think of something to make sure breakfast is not a battle! Many thanks to Success® for sponsoring this post, providing one box of Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa, and helping us create a great breakfast item for the whole family!
Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars
Free printable recipe here.
When we first heard of quinoa I was a bit nervous to try to prepare it. It seemed like a side dish that was hard to make but we heard so many great things about it so we had to try it. Sure enough, it was delicious and the whole family has enjoyed the recipes we have tried with quinoa. Success® knows that there are people like me that want something more convenient so they created a 100% Tri Color Quinoa blend of White, Red and Black Quinoa packaged in a convenient boil in bag option! When we first received our sample box from Success® I knew that I had to try preparing it. SO EASY! No more excuses for not wanting to make quinoa for meals!
Now that we have mastered Quinoa it is time to get creative and make breakfast time battle free! One breakfast that Teagan really likes is my apple breakfast cookies. They are packed full of oats and peanut butter and tricky because – COOKIES! So, I decided to make a similar recipe but adding the Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa to the “batter”. Success® Quinoa is fluffy with a nutty flavor so I knew it would be perfect for this wholesome recipe.
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 bag Success® Quinoa
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup mashed bananas
1 egg, beaten
1 TBSP honey
2 TBSP butter
2 cups chopped strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a large baking pan by lining it with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the bag Success® Quinoa as directed on the box.
3. While Success® Quinoa is boiling begin combining all of the dry ingredients (oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and pecans) in a large mixing bowl.
4. In a small mixing bowl combine the mashed bananas, egg, butter and honey. Whisk together until completely combined.
5. Drain the prepared quinoa and add to the “dry ingredient” bowl and mix together.
6. Carefully pour the wet ingredients into the oats and quinoa mixing bowl and mix everything together completely.
Batter should not be runny! Might be a little sticky but that is okay.
7. Fold in strawberries.
8. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
9. Bake bars for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
10. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
11. Enjoy immediately or keep in an airtight container.
These Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars are so good. In my opinion, these breakfast bars are a parent win. Not only are they sweet so that the kids will enjoy them but they are packed full of fruit, whole grain, fiber and protein. This is a great way to start the day off right while enjoying breakfast. Preparing these bars is really easy with the help of Success® Quinoa. Success® Quinoa cooks in just 10 minutes and is packaged in pre-portioned, BPA free boil-in-bags, so there’s no measure and no mess. This is the only way I will be preparing quinoa from now on!
Now that preparing quinoa is so simple with no mess or fuss, it is time to think outside of the quinoa box. Success is in the bag.® Add quinoa to every meal and snack of your day. I cannot wait to make some yummy side dishes and even main dishes with Success® Quinoa.
What is your favorite way to enjoy Quinoa?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Quinoa.