Spring is here and that means it is time to bring a little spring color to your windows with the help of your little artists. The best part about this craft is that you probably have everything you need on hand and it is super easy for all ages!
April Showers Brings May Flowers Coffee Filter Craft
Spray Bottle filled with water
Sharpie Marker – for tracing
1. Have the little artists color the coffee filters with markers, encourage them to fill the whole filter with all different colors.
2. Once all colored, spray the filters with the spray bottle. Completely dampen the filter and then let dry. We let ours dry overnight. The markers will run so be cautious of where you are spraying the filter.
3. Once the filter is dry, fold the filter in half and use a small piece of tape to secure the filter in half.
4. Trace and cut an umbrella handle out of the construction paper. Secure the handle on the back of the filter with a small piece of take.
5. Now it is time to hang the pretty Umbrella Sun Catcher crafts in the window!
Jude and Teagan really enjoyed these crafts and I love looking at them in our window now. Such a cute way to welcome spring!
Laura Funk says
these are so cute! I think you should try flowers next time!!!
What an innovative idea. I'd never think of using Coffee Filter for Crafts… great idea. The kids seem like they loved it
Saidah Washington says
This is a super cute craft. Especially fun for preschoolers.
I love coffee filter crafts! Such fun!
That looks like a fun craft – and we sure have rain here!
This is a great idea. Love coffee filter crafts.
Rebecca Bryant says
How fun. They are so bright and fresh I Love them.
Ashley @Irishred02 says
Very cute flowers! I think we will try these next weekend after all the Easter craziness is over
Soiree Design Studio says
Those are cute and easy to do. I'm sure my kids would like to make these.
Dawn McAlexander says
How colorful and unique! I don't have any young ones to do crafts with, but if I did, I would attempt this craft with them!
Shauna Torres says
OH what fun. My kids would love this. Thanks so much for the idea, we may just do it this weekend 🙂
Lois Alter Mark says
What a great idea! They came out so cute!
Those are fun, cute crafts. You've got some darling artists in the house too. 😉
Rose Siders says
This is such a cute idea. I love coffee filter crafts!
Masshole Mommy says
That is adorable. My kids would love this.
Mama to 5 says
Very cute! We love making coffee filter crafts. We just did a butterfly one this week.
Brittany @ Clumps of Mascara says
Those are so cute! I love how easy they are and I think my little one could totally do this! Fun!
This is such a cute and easy craft that I think I will make these myself! I haven't started my Spring crafts yet as we are just beginning to get warmer tempuratures here in Ohio, so I am finally starting to get in the mood to create some Spring for indoors until I can plant outdoors. Thanks for the unique idea.
Amanda Love says
I have quite a few coffee filters from when we had a coffee maker. What an easy craft to do with my toddler. Thank you.
Krystal Butherus says
My toddler would love this. It is so colorful and creative. Will have to try it!
Love these! we did the same thing but made butterflies! So fun