This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of PEOPLE®, Real Simple®, and Southern Living®. The opinions and text are all mine.
One item that I always add to our packing list when going on these weekend trips is some good magazine reading materials. I love reading PEOPLE magazine, always have. It lets me escape my world and enjoy the world of the stars for a bit. When we stopped to do our shopping at King Soopers for our most recent road trip I picked up a few PEOPLE magazines too. I especially jumped on purchasing the PEOPLE Princess Diana: Twenty Years Later magazine!! Essentials people!! While I love slipping away while on these trips, let’s be real, moms really cannot escape that easy. So, here we are just weeks away from school starting, I need some “ME TIME”!!
One way that I love spending my “me time” is creating DIY beauty products like sugar and salt scrubs. Not only do I enjoy making them but I love using them. I decided to make a great summertime sugar scrub to enjoy while taking a bath and reading my PEOPLE for the month.
Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub
Glass jar with lid
1/4 of a cucumber – leave skin on
3 TBSP oil – I used coconut oil
1 cup white sugar
10 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Using a food processor or blender, puree the cucumber until the skin is in tiny pieces. It will be liquid.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine the cucumber puree, sugar and oil. Mix until completely combined.
3. Carefully add the 10 drops of peppermint essential oil to the mixture and stir in.
4. If scrub is too runny, simply add a bit more sugar.
5. Transfer scrub to glass jar and seal the jar.
- Because this has cucumber in the scrub, it will need to be kept in the jar in the refrigerator.
- Discard remaining scrub after 2 weeks.
- Be careful when using in the bath and shower, due to the oil it can make the surface of your tub very slippery.
This scrub is so lovely. It is fresh and perfect for summertime. I made my Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub and then locked myself in my bathroom for a nice long bath, read and scrub. It was perfect. The hint of mint while I bathed was a great way to reset and feel rejuvenated after such a long and busy few weeks with the family.
Looks like a great way to spend an evening to me! HA! And because my scrub will need to be finished within two weeks I think I will enjoy a few of these “Me Time” moments! I don’t want my perfect Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub to go to waste!!
Now it is your turn, because you deserve it! Create your own summertime “Me Time” moments and start by picking up PEOPLE, Real Simple and Southern Living magazines at your local King Soopers. Lucky for you, there are a few coupon options available for your “Me Time” reading materials.
You can visit your local participating Kroger, Bakers, City Market, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry’s Food & Drug, Gerbes, Jay C, King Soopers, Owens, Pay Less, QFC, Ralph’s or Smith’s to receive $1.00 off 1 PEOPLE, Real Simple, Southern Living, or PEOPLE Princess Diana: Twenty Years Later magazine.