Disclosure: This is sponsored post in collaboration with HGTV Santa HQ FlatIron Crossing and REACHORB. I was compensated for this experience; all opinions are my own.
Visiting HGTV Santa HQ – FlatIron Crossing Broomfield Colorado
HGTV’s Santa HQ adds a whole new dimension to the traditional family Santa Claus visit by guiding visitors through an immersive, interactive holiday extravaganza that uses of state-of- the-art digital technology. With 15 different locations at Macerich Shopping Centers in California, Colorado, Arizona, Chicago, Metro New York, and the Washington, D.C. corridor, each Santa HQ location is set with a dazzling array of holiday experiences, including:
- The traditional photo-op with Santa Claus
- Elfie Selfie: Where visitors take a selfie and star in their own holiday video
- Elf-Ray Vision: Guests can explore Santa’s Observatory through the use of special goggles that trigger a series of augmented reality experiences at multiple locations throughout Santa HQ including two triggers at Entrance Arch; one trigger on exterior of the Workshop; Toy triggers underneath the Christmas Tree in the Workshop, and enhanced triggers in the observatory
- Naughty or Nice Meters: Where visitors can stand next to an interactive board to find out which list of Santa’s they made
- Light Show: With more than 10,000 individual holiday lights synchronized to the tune of “Carol of the Bells” to create an illuminated orchestra
Pictures With Santa:
No one likes waiting in line…especially excited kiddos! To enhance the enjoyment of Santa HQ’s photos-with- Santa experience and spend less time waiting in line, guest can now select the date and time of their photos session by making reservation online. The reservation system enables users to select and pre-pay for their photo package, and it gives them the opportunity to upgrade their package by making their family photo session days or even weeks in advance. The online reservation systems even has an opt-in text functionality to provide reminders about their Santa photo session reservation.
In the Holiday Spirit of Giving
Visitors to Santa HQ will also be able to enjoy the holiday spirit of giving through HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving Drive. The program encourages visitors to donate new, unwrapped toys for local children in need with the goal of collecting over 1,000 toys per center. In 2016, HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving program collected over 66,000 toys benefiting local organizations like Forgotten Angel Tree, Salvation Army Angel Tree, Toys for Tots, and Spark of Love Stuff a Bus.
Tell me about your Santa traditions and what you are planning for this year.