This post is sponsored by Guardian Storage. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I first introduced the idea of using Guardian Storage a few months ago when we were still in the middle of our spring cleaning craze. Guardian Storage has absolutely changed the way I think about storage units from now on and I have changed our purging routine in doing so. Now that we are back in school you can feel that the season is changing quickly, our favorite coffee company has even said they will be releasing that much anticipated Pumpkin Spice Latte soon. Bring on fall!! With fall, soon comes winter and that means we have to be ready for more than heavy coats and cozy sweaters. Time to focus on changing out the wardrobes but also those seasonal items found in your backyard and garage.
How We Are Using Guardian Storage For Our Seasonal Items
Over the years we have collected a lot of THINGS, yes some of these things were taken care of in our spring cleaning purging but some of those things are actually things we need for our home just not year round. Here in Colorado we have to prepare for the changing seasons, indoors and outdoors. One of my biggest issues is having enough space in our garage for our cars in the wintertime. No one wants to have to scrape their car windows on a cold snowy school morning, so the mission is to have room in our garage for our cars.
That mission seems easy but when you think about all of the seasonal items that end up back in our garage once summer is over it becomes a big storage issue for us. Our home does not have a lot of storage in general – inside or outside. I would like to think we are a pretty organized family but by the end of the summer it seems like all of the garden and yard tools, summer sporting equipment, pools, camping equipment and summer holiday items take over our garage, yard and home.
To start our seasonal transition to Guardian Storage we collect all of the items we know we will not need for fall or winter and begin packing seasonal items to take to our storage unit. This includes our patio furniture, garden tools, pool and water toys, lawn mower, summer holiday decor (memorial day, father’s day, 4th of July), and summer clothing.
Storing patio furniture for winter is a must for us. I hate when our nice furniture gets messed up due to the rain, snow and cold but due to our lack of storage we have never been able to keep it really covered. This winter will be different and I cannot wait to see how much longer our patio furniture will last with this process.
As I said before my view of self-storage has changed so much now that we have been introduced to Guardian Storage. I can pack up our seasonal items and not feel nervous about putting them in storage for a few months. I know that our items will be ready for summer when we go and pick them up, safe and sound! Honestly, as I make my list of what to put in storage for the season I feel more organized than I have in my home for a long time.
Self-Storage Tips For Seasonal Items
Currently, we are focused on separating the summer items from the winter items but it is important to know that this seasonal storage idea can be used for your winter items as well. Keeping your seasonal items in a storage unit is a great way to free up space in your home.
- Before the start of each season choose a day or weekend where you exchange the items in your unit for the other season’s build-up of things.
- Find bins for your clothing and separate them out by season for easy storage. You can also do the same for holiday decor and items. Separate them out by holiday and label these bins for ease if you need to go to your storage unit during that season to find something.
- Use a trashcan to store your gardening tools and yard tools.
- Think big – move the lawn mower and snowblower to storage during the appropriate season.
- Sports equipment can be moved to storage as well.
- You can make trips to your storage until through out the seasons. For us, we decorate for Christmas and then run out of room for the empty boxes and end up filling our garage with those empty bins until we are ready to take down the decorations. This year, we will bring the decorations home and then take the empty bins and boxes back to the storage unit until we are ready to put the decorations away.
- Make a list of items to send to storage per season. Keep this list handy so you know what you moved.
No one likes clutter in their home, garage or yard. With self-storage, you never worry about trying to find space for everything!
ABOUT GUARDIAN STORAGE
Guardian Storage was established in Pittsburgh in 1987 and has since grown to be the market leader of storage services. With a strong focus on customer service, Guardian Storage prides itself on its variety of solutions, amenities and security. Guardian currently has 17 locations in the greater Pittsburgh area, as well as 5 Colorado locations.
Most recently, Guardian was voted Best of the Best in the storage category by readers as part of the Washington Observer-Reporter Inaugural People’s Choice Awards, a Top Workplace by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette; and the Pittsburgh Business Times named Guardian President and Founder, Steven Cohen, as one of their 2018 Outstanding CEOs.
GUARDIAN STORAGE AMENITIES:
- MORE Convenience
- Online billing and payment
- Moving carts and dollies
- Large, covered loading docks
- Access 365 Days-a Year
- Free Wi-Fi and conference rooms
- Package acceptance
- MORE Peace of Mind
- Amazing customer service from professional, dedicated property managers
- Full-time Maintenance Staff
- Individually alarmed units
- 24-hour digital video recording
- Gated entry to property with personal passcodes
- Motion Detectors
- Central Station Monitoring
- MORE Value
- FREE use of our truck during move in
- $50 referral gift card
- Prepayment discounts
- 10 foot ceilings in our units
- MORE Solutions
- Climate Control – Indoor and Drive-Up Units
- Non-Climate Control – Indoor and Drive Up Units
- Moving and packing supply store on-site
STAY SOCIAL WITH GUARDIAN STORAGE: