Two years ago Teagan requested a Little Mermaid birthday party. We delivered and it turned out beautifully! Over the years we have always had one special treat at all of the kid’s birthday parties and that special treat has become an adult favorite. Chocolate covered popcorn! YUM! The best part about the chocolate covered popcorn is that it can totally be customized to any type of party. The popcorn was the most talked about and asked about item on the food table. People are always surprised when I tell them how to make their own.
Make sure you check out the fun Little Mermaid birthday party we had to get some great ideas for mermaid loving kiddo. Now, a few of you have asked what this special recipe for chocolate covered popcorn is and while I would love to tell you that it is some secret family recipe, I can’t! This recipe is so easy and should be added to every party because it will be a crowd pleaser and you won’t be spending hours preparing it. For the Little Mermaid Party we dubbed the popcorn and coral pieces. So cute right? But again, keep in mind you can use this recipe for any kind of theme or colors.
How To Make Coral Pieces Popcorn
For Teagan’s Little Mermaid party we focused on the colors pink, aqua, purple and blue. You will see these colors in the popcorn we made.
Bag of Microwave Popcorn – no butter
Small bag of purple melting chocolate
Small bag of blue melting chocolate
Small bag of pink melting chocolate
Disposable Roasting Pan
Paper popcorn boxes
1. Pop bag of popcorn, pour into roasting pan and make sure to remove all unpopped kernels.
2. For each bag of popcorn, melt one bag of melting chocolate.
3. Pour chocolate over popped popcorn and “toss” to cover each piece of popcorn with chocolate.
4. Place a layer of wax paper out and pour chocolate covered popcorn onto wax paper.
5. Carefully sprinkle the sprinkles on the popcorn. Repeat this for all colors.
6. Let chocolate dry and harden before placing in popcorn boxes.
7. Popcorn can be kept for a few days if sealed in a container or bag.
8. Enjoy and wait for the popcorn question!!
So simple right? And like I said you can customize this recipe to fit any theme or color you need for your gathering. A perfect treat for adults and kids and it is something you can prepare a few days before your event. Love recipes like that!
Make sure you check out the Ninja Turtle Popcorn we made too! YUM!!
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.