Crafts in our house are getting a lot more fun now that Teagan is totally into doing crafts, projects and drawing. After deciding we were going to have a crafting night last week I have decided that I have a slight obsession with Stained Glass and Sun Catcher crafts. Maybe it is because they are super easy for all ages and they are so cool! For this craft night I wanted something Christmas themed, so we came up with Stained Glass Ornaments.
Stained Glass Ornament Craft
How to make Stained Glass Ornaments – Preschool Christmas Craft Idea.
Black Card Stock
Black Card Stock
Tissue Paper, cut in pieces
1. Make Ornament frames out of the black card stock. I just free handed ours so they were unique and not perfect. Make a frame for the tissue paper pieces to be placed.
2. Lay out sheets of wax paper. Paint a generous amount of the glitter glue onto the wax paper. We used a blue tinted glue – it is supposed to dry clear but it did keep a little blue to the ornament. You could also use white glue and add glitter.
3. Have the kids place tissue paper pieces in the ornament frame. Let them be creative with their designs.
4. Once the tissue paper has covered the ornament lay another sheet of wax paper over the wet glue and tissue paper. You might need to add a bit more glue around the edges to get a good seal.
5. Let dry overnight. Once dry, cut around the edge of the ornament frame, leaving about a half an inch of wax paper. Hang up using string or tape to the window!
This really is an easy craft for all ages. I prepared all of the supplies before we had the kids sit down so it wasn’t a long wait for them to get to their part of placing the tissue paper on the glue. The only messy part is that they did get glue on their fingers. No biggie though. I love driving up to our house and seeing their crafts in the windows! Pretty!!
Like I said, I am a bit obsessed with these crafts. Make sure you check out our Rainbow Stained Glass Craft and our Heart Sun Catcher Craft. So easy! AND for my plan for Jude’s classroom Christmas party craft is a Christmas Tree Sun Catcher! Fun!!!
Post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!