What to Pack for a Day on a Boat
- Dry change of clothes
- Life jackets
- Swim goggles or masks
- Floats, tubes and pool toys
- Sand toys
- Lake Activities – skis, tubes, etc.
- Snacks & food
- Cooking utensils
- Water & other Drinks
- Cooler & ice
- Paper towels & Wipes
- Trash bags
- First aid kit
- Ziploc bags
- Flip flops and/or water shoes
- Bug spray
- Fishing supplies & license
- Waterproof Camera
Now if you are like us, you also do not own a boat and frankly really have no experience in the boating world. Sure, we have enjoyed our fair share of boating experiences while out on large fishing boats with friends but never just us as a family. This is where Discover Boating is a great option. I am comfortable with the packing but now we have to start planning our trip on the water with the family!
You don’t need to own a boat to experience what it’s like to have a vacation at your fingertips. Discover Boating has an interactive Go Boating Today tool that generates local options for boat rentals, classes, charters and more, simply enter your zip code to get started! This is such a great tool for families like us. We want to experience the lake moments and create memories but do not want the hassle of trying to figure out how to get a boat for the weekend.
Maybe after we experience a few family weekends on the boat from Discover Boating we will be able to decide if owning a boat is in our future as well. We have a number of lakes to experience here in Colorado and the surrounding states. I cannot wait to start getting onto the water. Being in a landlocked state makes me itch for water, feet in, sun out, and the gentle water sounds….so relaxing!
Interesting boating stats from the National Marine Manufacturers Association:
- 82% of Americans say being around water is relaxing.
- 72% of Americans feel healthier after spending time on the water.
- Millions of Americans go boating each year on more than 15 million boats in the U.S.
- 84% of parents think their kids would be more likely to unplug on a boat trip versus a road trip.
- 88% of American parents feel that their kids need to get more involved in outdoor activities this summer, like boating.
Is some time on the water with your family part of your summer travel plans?