This is a sponsored post in partnership with Highlights and The Motherhood.
Teagan is starting Kindergarten next school year and will be going for the full day, this means our lovely nap time is being phased out. I know that a lot of 5 year olds haven’t been napping for a long time but goodness this girl needs her naps so it really is going to be an interesting transition for us all. That being said we know that Teagan will still need some way to rest her body as we move into this new nap-free life. Children that have grown out of napping usually still benefit from quiet time but the challenge was figuring out what to do during that quiet time. Finding the perfect quiet summer activities was a challenge that I was ready to on because I was determined to have a nice summer with the kids.
Quiet Summer Activities with Highlights
While we try to not do too much screen time through out the summer, we have found that if we find screen time options that are educational it is a perfect way to have the kids sit, relax and have some fun all while using their technology skills and avoiding that summer slide. That pesky summer slide always worries me. I never want my kids to loose any of their attained knowledge from the school year before so finding ways to keep that brain learning is key! And now that I am trying to find a way to have Teagan sit and rest I believe it is best to find screen time activities that will get her learning while resting.
After doing some research I was super excited to learn all about some great apps from Highlights. They are called Hidden Pictures Puzzles and Hidden Pictures Puzzle Town both from Highlights. Both of these apps have been a hit with Jude and Teagan. Teagan is our little puzzle queen and is really showing her reading skills and I am happy to say that these apps from Highlights have absolutely helped her with her skills.
Highlights Hidden Pictures Puzzle Town
Hidden Pictures Puzzle Town is perfect for preschoolers ages 3-6 years. This app helps to promote and enhance pre-literacy, pre-math, and problem-solving skills. So many important skills that Teagan will need as she enters the world of Kindergarten in just a few short months!
Additional Information about Hidden Pictures Puzzle Town:
- Preschool Hidden Pictures™ puzzles that promote early vocabulary development
- Look and Look Again scenes that encourage letter recognition and critical thinking
- Mazes that strengthen problem-solving and fine motor skills
- Match Maker activities that build early math skills through classification and visual memory practice
- Picture Mix-ups that improve cognitive flexibility and short-term memory skills
- Adaptive Learning Technology that tailors activities to children’s growing skills
- Option to pre-load puzzles for offline play
- Advertisement-free, safe and secure environment
- 45+ puzzles instantly, plus new puzzles every week
- Five kinds of puzzles, including Highlights’ famous Hidden Pictures scenes
- Adorable characters and accessories to enhance play and personalization
- Exciting bonus mini games that help earn more collectibles
Now, Teagan LOVES the Puzzle Town app but her very favorite is the Hidden Pictures Puzzles.
Highlights Hidden Pictures Puzzles
Highlights for Children brings its world-famous Hidden Pictures puzzles to life with digital fun the whole family can enjoy! The Highlights Hidden Pictures™ Puzzles app brings kids the fun and challenge they crave, with the quality content parents expect from Highlights. Teagan is 5 years old and loves playing this game but so does Jude. When we first downloaded the Hidden Pictures Puzzles app they both played together quietly for nearly an hour!
Additional Information about Hidden Pictures Puzzles:
- 45+ puzzles INSTANTLY, plus NEW puzzles every week!
- Access to themed puzzle worlds and goofy characters that offer tips and fun facts
- Exclusive puzzle challenges, including NEW Hidden Pictures Puzzle Races™
- Fresh, themed content at special times of the year, like Halloween and Winter
- A secure, ad-free experience
I have to be honest, I am not a game gal or puzzle person but one evening after the kids went to bed I picked up the tablet and decided to give the Highlights Hidden Pictures Puzzles a go. It was so much fun! Yes, even adults will love this app because it is a great way to escape and relax. A perfect brain-boosting activity for all ages!
Want to give Hidden Picture Puzzles & Puzzle Town a try? Download both apps and try them out for 30 days free! Plus, for a limited time, you can get summer-themed BONUS puzzles to kick-start summer vacation. (Puzzle Town June 4-June 17th, and Hidden Picture Puzzle June 18th-June 30th).
That gives you over 50 puzzles when you start your free trial! After the trial, Puzzle Town is $2.99 per month, and Hidden Picture Puzzles is $3.99. Available for iOS and Android. Users auto-roll into subscription after the trial completes. And you can cancel anytime.
Need some quiet summer activities for your kiddos? You are going to want to check out both the Highlights Hidden Pictures Puzzles app for kids ages 6 and up and the Highlights Hidden Pictures Puzzle Town app. A perfect way to enjoy technology safely with a side of brain power!