This shop has been sponsored by General Mills. All opinions are mine alone.
We are blessed with some amazing places in Colorado to go camping and hiking. We are even more blessed with a perfect little family cabin located on a lake. While we try to go on family hikes a number of times through out the summer we also try to go to our family cabin a few weekends during summer break. The fresh mountain air is so good for the soul.
Perfect Summer Camping Snack – Blueberry Cheerios
If your kids are like Jude and Teagan, you know that snacks are more important to them than the accommodations. So, when we get ready to head out to the cabin to go on a hike, the first question I get from the kids is all about the snacks! Finding the perfect summer camping and hiking snacks just got easier. By simply picking up a box of NEW Blueberry Cheerios from Walmart, we are set for breakfast on the dock and for snacks on our hikes.
Memories are made in these simple moments on the dock or on the walks around the lake. It is great to take some family time away from the normal routines and leave the electronics at home to enjoy the beautiful Colorado nature. While the kids do struggle to do the electronics detox the first day of our camping trip, by the second day they are ready to build dirt pies, fish for dinner and explore together. I love it! As they get older, these experiences get easier and more enjoyable as a mom, too.
Why Blueberry Cheerios?
We have always loved Cheerios, before kids and now with kids, it seems like some type of Cheerios is always in the pantry. That being said, we also really love trying all of the new and creative flavors that Cheerios comes up with. Recently, we had the opportunity to dig into a box of NEW Blueberry Cheerios, and while the kids were a bit hesitant to give them a try at first, they are now BIG fans of the Blueberry Cheerios along with all of the adults on our camping trip! It’s a new spin on a beloved classic! Fruity, fun and fresh off the shelf!
Once we decided to dish up the Blueberry Cheerios for breakfast one morning while fishing on the dock, they became the snack of choice as we did other fun camping activities like hiking and exploring around our cabin. The blueberry flavor screams summertime, and that delicious Cheerios crunch gives us that extra power to have fun for the whole day!
Camping Snack Tips
- Plan Ahead. Think about the activities you will be doing while camping and hiking. When will you or your family need a break which will obviously include snacks because KIDS! Buy the snacks ahead of time so that you are ready to enjoy all of the time exploring and hiking instead of stopping at the store for food.
- Reusable Packages. Make sure to pack Tupperware or reusable bags for snacks. This means you are helping the environment and cutting back on the items you need to buy for your snacks and food.
- Versatile Items. These Blueberry Cheerios are amazing for snacks, but they also are great in a bowl with milk for breakfast. Finding snacks that come in larger quantities that can be used for multiple types of meals and snacks will cut down on your food budget but also make more room for other necessities on your camping and hiking trip.
- Favorites.With kids you cannot be too adventurous with food and snacks. Have some items on hand that you know will be a hit and make sure you try new snacks and food before hitting the road on your camping or hiking trip.
- Finger Food. Sure yogurt and other messy foods are yummy but not the best when you are on a hike with kids. Finding some yummy summertime finger foods are key! Add the Blueberry Cheerios to this finger food list!
It is like having breakfast and snacks for the whole family anytime of the day, even on the dock while catching our fish for dinner! Make sure you add some of these NEW Blueberry Cheerios to your shopping cart this summer when you head to Walmart. You will find an easy crowd favorite to add to your upcoming travel shopping list!