Back in March I decided to give my Goal of focusing on my health an extra boost. Not only did I start going to Pilates nearly every day, I also started following the new Weight Watchers program. I was a WW member right after Jude was born and it worked really well for me so I knew this would be a great way to jump start my goals for 2019.
Focusing On Weight Watchers
I am excited to share this chart with you all. While this has been a slower weight loss than I was hoping, I am so proud of myself for this work I have done. I am feeling stronger at Pilates every day, I am making better choices about what I eat and I am feeling full of energy and less aches, pains and headaches. Oh and I am still enjoying cheat days and foods that are delicious. I am all about moderation.
When it comes to the WW program, I am not a WW pro but it is working for me. One of the big changes with WW since the last time I was a member is that it includes a much wider range of over 200 zero SmartPoints foods to enjoy on the program. The points are a bit different than in previous years but using the mobile app WW was super easy to begin following once again.
So, what are Zero SmartPoint Foods on WW? WW has increased the list to include more of the foods that form the foundation of healthy eating and give you more freedom to enjoy all the foods you love. Basically, WW is training us how to make healthier choices. What a concept! HA!
I do enjoy a number of Zero SmartPoint Foods daily but to be honest the Zero SmartPoint Foods are my go to after a day of not eating completely on plan. Most Zero SmartPoint Foods are filling and great on those detox days but a friendly reminder, just because they are Zero SmartPoints does not make them zero calories. Moderation is key no matter what food you are eating!
Filling Zero SmartPoint Foods on WW
- Applesauce – I enjoy applesauce in the afternoons before dinner if I am feeling hungry. Using the unsweetened applesauce topped with a bit of cinnamon is a great way to fill up but also get rid of that sweet tooth craving.
- Eggs – Eggs are the best on WW! I enjoy them scrabbled, hard boiled and even made as Deviled Eggs. At zero points, I can create a delicious bowl of scrambled eggs with peppers, onions and garlic to from breakfast.
- Pickles – not everyone loves dill pickles but I do! Anytime I feel like I need to crunch and have some salt I run to the refrigerator and get a pickle. It is a perfect side dish to a sandwich as well.
- Apples – Apples are portable and easy to take with you and at zero points it is a good idea to keep some favorite apples on hand. Have some extra points – add a few TBSP of peanut butter for a protein packed treat.
- Chicken Breast – Chicken is my favorite meat besides tuna fish, I love that the chicken breast is zero points, it can be added to a number of recipes to help lower points and also fill you up.
- Tuna Fish – I am not a big fish eater but I do love a good tuna fish salad sandwich. Having Tuna fish for lunch is a great way to stay full and on track for the day with points. Careful when making your tuna fish salad if you are using dressings and mayo, those will make your meal full of points quick!
- Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt – Think outside the normal with this item. You can make fruit and veggie dips with this zero point food and also just enjoy it as a midnight snack with a bit of cinnamon on top. SO GOOD!!!
- Beans – beans are so important on this program. Adding black beans and pinto beans to your meals will add protein but also help fill you up for longer. Add some black beans to your breakfast scrabble and you won’t have to worry about those before lunch tummy growls!
- Salsa – fat free salsa is free too. Now, be careful if you decide to use tortilla chips but if you use carrot sticks and celery sticks it is a great way to get that chips and dip feeling! And again, top your eggs with this or even add it to your chicken breast and tuna fish! YUMMY!! Seriously, get creative with these zero smartpoint items and you will stay full and satisfied!
- Dates – have you ever sunk your teeth into a good date? I was so surprised at how delicious dates were and when I found out they were zero smartpoints I was so excited! Now, these are items that I would consider dessert so I do not eat these too often. But at zero points it is fun to enjoy!!
- Broccoli – Looking for something to fill you up? Broccoli will do this at any meal. I always keep some broccoli in the freezer for this reason. Add some garlic and pepper and this is a great snack option.
- Bananas – just like apples, bananas are such a great fruit to have on hand for those busy days. Put one in your purse for those afternoon snack cravings. Hopefully this will keep you from running through the drive through.
- Cauliflower – Just like broccoli I keep Cauliflower on hand for side dishes for lunch and dinner because it is one of my favorite veggies to enjoy but it is also a veggie that I feel like really fills me up. Try to make your own cauliflower rice for a fun recipe option too!
- Cherries – Thankfully it is cherry season! YUM!! We love buying cherries this time of the year. Looking for a sweet treat after dinner. Cherries are a great option. Zero Smartpoints but enjoy sweet to keep me satisfied and filled up until my next meal.
Keeping On Track With WW
I am super happy with my progress on WW, and even during those holiday celebrations and gatherings I feel like I am in control of what I am eating and putting into my body. I have a long way to go but I am getting there and feeling a lot healthier as every day goes on.
If you are on WW what is your favorite filling Zero SmartPoint food to enjoy on a day you need a little extra satisfaction?
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.