Disclosure: I was provided with press tickets to experience these events in exchange for my honest review. No other compensation provided, all opinions are my own.
We are so lucky here in Colorado, we have a ton of great local fall festivals, pumpkin patches, orchards, corn mazes and haunted houses. Sometimes it is hard to decide which one to visit, we seem to be fall festival chasers and we go to as many as we can during this time of the year. Lucky for us we have a great Corn Maize and Haunted House just minutes from our house. The last few years we have really enjoyed our experiences at both Maize in the City and Haunted Field of Screams.
Maize in the City & Haunted Field of Screams – Colorado GIVEAWAY
Visit Maize in the City
Maize In The City in Thornton Colorado. Open daily starting in late September & goes through the end of October. Make sure you check the website for hours of operation.
10451 Mckay Road
Thornton, CO 80233
- When you enter the Maize in the City, you have the opportunity to go to either the Mini Maze or the large maze.
- The large corn maze is approximately 20 acres in size and takes a minimum of 40 minutes to complete. Inside the maze there is a smart phone trivia game or a check point game to play. The maze is fun for all ages and is not haunted. An “admission ticket” is good for one entry to the maze. Adult: $12.00, Child: (Ages 5 – 12): $9.00, Child (Ages 4 & under): Free, Senior Day: Every Tuesday (55 & Up): $8.00 (Purchased at the site only.)
- The small Mini Maze is built just for kids! It is a small cornfield maze that takes approx. 20-25 minutes to complete and has a paper check point game. The Mini Maze is open daily, weather & field conditions permitted. Admission is $5.00 ea for all kids that can walk the pathways. Parents and grandparents are free with the Child Admission.
- Be prepared for mud and uneven walkways. Wear appropriate clothing when entering the mazes. We would also recommend bug spray, we all got a number of mosquito bites while doing the maze.
- Dress accordingly due to weather and farm elements
- Bring water
- Wear sunscreen
- Bring bug spray
- Go in with an idea of how many tokens you will be purchasing for activities
- Parking is free!
- Bring wipes and hand sanitizer
Visit Haunted Field of Screams
Now, once you have a nice family afternoon at Maize in the City, you and the adults can return in the evening for some scary adult fun! After dark, Maize in the City becomes Haunted Field of Screams!! Are you ready??? Haunted Field of Screams is Colorado’s largest Haunted Houses again, right in our backyard!! This haunted house experience is a bit different than any others I have been to. This particular location has 4 Terrifying Haunted Experiences at 1 Location!
4 Haunted Houses at One Location!
Condemned: You’re the prey as the violently psychotic hunt you down through the abandoned structures of Condemned. Fight for your life as you encounter torture chambers, sickening environments and killers on the loose. This interactive, murderous haunt with escape room elements will lead you on a path of puzzles and games testing your will to live.
Zombie Paintball Massacre: The undead await in the shadows of the Zombie Paintball Massacre war zone. Prepare for a thrilling interactive experience fending off zombies alongside your team using mounted, high-powered paintball guns aboard a commandeered trailer. This high-intensity, live-action attraction will leave your adrenaline pumping as you fight for humankind.
Deadman’s Maze: As darkness surrounds you, and your heart pounds with fear, the dead rise thirsty for blood. With the moon as your only guide, trek your way through the mesmerizing Dead Mans Maze fearing the living dead with every wrong turn. But, be warned, the sinister will not rest until you find your way out.
CarnEVIL in the corn: Come one, come all to experience CarnEvil in the Corn. Descend into a disorienting madness as you venture through an abandoned freak show settled within the cornstalks. Encounter the darkness of a carnival lead by an insidious ring master, hungry for blood.
Local readers this one is so exciting for me to share with you. The folks at Maize in the City and Haunted Field of Screams have offered one of my amazing readers a 4 pack of tickets to Maize in the City and another lucky reader a 4 pack of tickets to experience Haunted Field of Screams! What an awesome way to start the fall season!! Winners must be 18 years or older. Enter Giveaway by following the rafflecopter forms below. Giveaway open from 9/20/2019 – 09/28/2019.
As you enter the fun season of fall and Halloween make sure you add Maize in the City and Haunted Field of Screams to your visit list if in Denver Colorado.