Picky eaters make dinnertime hard. As a mom, I know how hard it can be to get dinner on the table after a long day but how especially hard it is when you prepare a meal after a long day and the picky eaters make it clear that the meal is not something they want to eat. Ugh!! Well, I found a great busy weeknight meal that every picky eater will enjoy!
Who loves Tacos and who loves Spaghetti? Most picky eaters – why not combine those two yummy meal options? This Taco Spaghetti recipe is not only super easy to make, on the Weight Watchers plan and is delicious! WIN!!!
How To Make One Pot Taco Spaghetti
1 TBSP olive oil
1 pound ground Turkey
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
1 (10-ounce can) Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
1 TBSP tomato paste
3 cups water
8 ounces spaghetti
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Roma tomato, diced
1. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
2. Add ground turkey and cook until turkey has browned. Make sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.
3. Stir in taco seasoning and drain excess fat.
4. Stir in Ro*Tel®, tomato paste, spaghetti and 3 cups water.
5. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, let simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and top with cheeses. Cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
7. Serve immediately and garnish with tomato! Enjoy!
Weight Watchers (Blue) Point Information:
I calculated this recipe using the recipe builder on the WW app. I am currently on the blue program. Keep in mind that a great way to cut these points is less cheese and a different spaghetti noodle – I used what I had on hand in my pantry.
For 6 servings this Taco Spaghetti Recipe comes in at 8 points! Not too shabby for a super filling and yummy recipe that you can enjoy with the family and stay on track!!
One Pot Taco Spaghetti
One Pot Taco Spaghetti - All your favorite flavors of tacos in spaghetti form - made in ONE POT! Easy, delicious weeknight meal for picky eaters!
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 roma tomato diced
Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until turkey has browned. Making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.
Stir in taco seasoning and drain excess fat.
Stir in Ro*Tel®, tomato paste, spaghetti and 3 cups water.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
Remove from heat and top with cheeses. Cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately and garnish with tomato.
Next time I make this one pot taco spaghetti recipe I will be adding some onions and avocado slices for a little extra yumminess that the whole family will enjoy. While I listed this as serving 6 people, we had a lot of left overs so I think this could be stretched to 8 servings if you serve with a side of salad.