Looking for a fresh and light side dish for dinner? This Cilantro Lime Coleslaw is delicious and super easy to prepare. I love the refreshing lime addition.
Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
8 ounces of prepacked coleslaw mix – ours includes green cabbage, carrots, purple cabbage
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup chopped green onion
2 tbsp olive oil
fresh lime juice from 2 limes
2 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop green onions and slice limes in half.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine coleslaw mix, green onions and cilantro. Toss together.
3. In a small mixing bowl add lime juice, olive oil, sugar, and salt and pepper. Whisk together well.
4. Pour dressing over coleslaw mixture, stir well and cover bowl with plastic wrap.
5. Place in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This is a recipe that I have made a few times for large gatherings and it is always a hit with my guests. I love this recipe because I can make a big batch of it ahead of the party or gathering. Perfect for a busy hostess! If you like a more creamy coleslaw, you can also add some mayo to the dressing. Like most Coleslaw recipes you can really make the dressing custom to your taste buds but no matter how you like your coleslaw make sure you give this Lime and Cilantro combination a try! SO GOOD!!