Create a Lockdown Handprint Keepsake Craft with your family. An easy but perfect way to do some creating with the family and take time to remember where we were during this unprecedented time in our lives.
Lockdown Handprint – Family Keepsake Craft
Taking Time To Enjoy These Moments
I know I am not alone when I say that there are some ROUGH days with the kids being at home ALL DAY LONG. Add in the impromptu homeschool, no playdates, the meltdowns, working from home, no eating out, a run on TP and the stress of the state of our world and it is no surprise that parents are stressed to the max.
While it is easy for me to say this right now as I type this (the kids are asleep), parents we have been given some extra time. It is no surprise, they are right (who is they!?!?), they grow up so fast. Yes, the days are long, the moments are not perfect but finding the joy and extra time with your family is so important in this unknown season.
To do this, I find that scheduling some family time and activities outside of school and work duties allows me to really make some nice memories with Jude and Teagan. Having a keepsake like Handprint Craft is a good reminder of these moments.
1. Begin by mapping out the area that must be painted on the white cardstock paper. I did this with a sharpie to help my kids see exactly where they should be painting in order to have the hand print painted.
2. Using the watercolor paints, fill the mapped out area on the white cardstock. It was fun to see how different each of our paintings were. Great family experience.
3. Once the paint is completely dry, using a sharpie carefully trace the hand print. It was fun for the kids to decide what are of the painted section they wanted on their handprint.
4. Cut the handprints out carefully.
5. Using tape or glue, attach each handprint to the 8×10 cardstock. There is no right way to do this, but it is a good idea to try to have each handprint show as much as possible.
6. Once handprints are on the cardstock, write the name of each family member on their handprints.
7. Add date and simple message to the paper for your keepsake.
8. Place craft in picture frame and display your family Lockdown Handprint Keepsake!
There are a number of ways to create a fun Lockdown Handprint keepsake with your family but I hope this one inspires you to get creative with your time with your family while we are on stay at home orders. This was a perfect weekend craft that got the whole whole family painting and creating. While this time in our lives can be scary, this project brought to the day.
What ways are you helping your family have some memories and keepsakes for this unprecedented time in our lives?
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.