Disclosure: I was given a Toyota Highlander to test drive for a week in exchange for a review. No compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own.
Getting out of the house while on lockdown can be difficult for the family but we have found some fun and creative things to do while getting out of the house and still keeping our social distance! Getting to drive the 2020 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum while enjoying this fun made our week even better!
When Toyota offered me the opportunity to drive the beautiful 202 Toyota Highlander for a week, I was really excited. The kids and I have no plans for big travels anytime soon but for those little trips around town I knew it would be even more exciting in this fantastic car. Lucky for me, my loan was dropped of just before Mother’s Day weekend! A perfect little gift for me!
Family Fun Lockdown Style with the Toyota Highlander
Kid Friendly Car Dates
While we have to stay socially distant we have still been able to enjoy some fun times as a family while out in our car. This unprecedented time in our lives is not fun, but I am trying really hard to still find some creative and fun ways to provide Jude and Teagan with some memories and experiences. I have to say, jumping in the car for a few minutes of driving can be a lot of fun after being in the house for a long time! I think we have been pretty creative lately and here are some of our favorite Kind Friendly Car Dates.
- Ice Cream Picnic: Find an open ice cream shop and order your favorite treats. Instead of eating in the shop, head out to the back of your car and set up a yummy Ice Cream Picnic.
- Bear Hunt: In our neighborhood, we have a lot of people setting out stuffed bears in their windows for kinds to go on a bear hunt through the neighborhood. While we are on our walks we go for bear hunts but what has been even more fun is driving to a new neighborhood and driving around hunting for bears!
- Go To A Local Nursery: For Mother’s Day, I packed up the kiddos and we drove to our local nursery. We put on our masks and picked out some new flowers for our gardens. The Highlander was the perfect car for this adventure!
- Drive By Gathering: We are missing our family. A fun way get reconnected is to jump in the car and do a fun drive by parade or just a simple drop off of goodies. We have done this with both family and friends.
- Local Food Truck Fun: We have had food trucks in our neighborhood on the weekends. It has been such a treat to enjoy some great food for a local food truck and then enjoy our meal in our car with others in their cars. Talk about a new way to feel community!
No matter how you find ways to keep the kids excited for these new memories and experiences, jumping into the car is a great way to get a change of scenery!
2020 Toyota Highlander Specs
Oh man, when this beauty was dropped off in my driveway I was so excited. Not only does it look sleek and sporty but that amazing Moon Dust exterior pant and fantastic tan interior made me feel like I was driving a luxury car. The upgraded body style is great. Yes, it is still a family friendly SUV but the style is perfect for anyone looking for a SUV with great safety features and specs.
The Highlander is a 3 row SUV with plenty of room for a growing family with places to go and things to see! While there were so many things that both the kids and I loved about this great car, the highlight for the kids was the huge Panoramic View Moonroof! Now, I am not a windows down gal…but this moonroof converted me for a few days while the Colorado spring weather was perfect!
Top 10 Can’t Miss Features of the 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD
- Activate the Hands Free Lift Gate with the wave of a foot, perfect for carrying in the groceries in one trip.
- Turn every evening drive into a star-gazing spectacle with the Panoramic Moonroof.
- Utilize the Digital Rearview Mirror to maintain a full view of the road while avoiding rear seat obstructions.
- Swiftly jump from route navigation to your road trip playlist with the best-in-class 12.3-in. touch display.
- Never be caught with a low-battery device with the Highlander’s five USB ports and Qi wireless charger.
- Never worry about rushing home for nap time again. The Highlander’s Second-Row Sunshades, and optimized sound-dampening and soundproofing materials make for the perfect nap setup.
- Two 12 volt outlets can power personal electronic devices, handheld vacuums and more.
- Give your passengers a private concert with the crystal-clear sound of Highlander’s JBL w/ Clari-Fi audio system.
- Drivers can keep their eyes on the road and still chat with back seat passengers using Driver Easy Speak, which amplifies the driver’s voice and broadcasts it through the rear speakers.
- Avoid sticky messes and accidental spills with the Highlander’s eight (8) cup holders and four (4) bottle holders.
Toyota Safety Features I Love
One reason why I love working with Toyota is because of the safety features in all of their cars. Toyota is truly building cars to keep our families safe while on the road. The 2020 Toyota Highlander is built with a new feature, Toyota Safety SenseTM (TSS). Toyota Safety SenseTM (TSS) is a bundle of active safety features designed to help protect you and your passengers from harm. Standard on 16 models at no additional cost, TSS will provide an exceptional experience!
What Is Included In TSS 2.0:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control or Full-Spreed Range
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Automatic High Beams
- Road Sign Assist
Other Safety Features To Note:
- 8 airbags, Star Safety System
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Front and Rear parking Assist with Auto braking
- Birds Eye View Camera
- LATCH – Lower Anchor & Tether for Children
Once again, Toyota proves to be a company that produces cars for any type of family. The Highlander is a fantastic car for a family like mine and I am excited to see how many more memories we can make – lockdown style!
STAY CONNECTED TO TOYOTA: