Today, I am a mom of a 10 year old. DOUBLE DIGITS! It truly does not seem possible that 10 years ago at 10:57am I became a mom for the first time. On June 25th, 2010 my special boy, Jude, made me a mommy. Thinking back on those moments bring me such joy and yet some sadness because of how quickly 10 years has gone.
Happy 10th Birthday Jude!!
Jude, you are kind, creative, so smart, loving, fun and so much more. You light up a room with your energy and smile. You have the best laugh – when I think about you laughing I get a huge smile on my face. I cannot imagine a day without you. In the last 10 years you have taught your old mom more than you can even imagine. While this special milestone birthday does look a lot different, please know that you are one special guy and the coolest 10 year old I know.
Things I Do Not Want To Forget
- Pokemon is still a favorite
- You love snuggling with Sundae when you read in your room.
- Basketball has quickly become a favorite with a few neighborhood friends
- You adore your friends – such a good friend.
- Your imagination is pretty amazing.
- Even though you are wearing almost the same size shoe as me, you love to cuddle.
- Yellow is your favorite color.
- Seafood is always a treat and you love to try new fish.
- 4th grade better be ready for you!
- You can have hour long discussions with Grandpa about a subject you are learning and researching.
- You have enjoyed learning more about fencing and hope to do more tournaments soon.
- You got a named part in the all school musical (Newsies)…but COVID.
- You are a people pleaser and want everyone around you to be happy. Not a bad thing.
- You are SO TALL!! Not sure how tall yet.
- You love your family.
My 10 Wishes For Your 10th Year
- To enjoy more time with friends. (COVID permitting!)
- Rock 4th grade!!!
- For more worry free days than worry filled days.
- To find your confidence – the confidence I see.
- Step outside of your comfort zone more often.
- Be okay with a failure or two…
- Keep learning about things you enjoy.
- Give yourself grace…it is okay to have a bad day.
- Laugh more! Laugh Often!
- To know how proud I am of you no matter what you are doing. I love you!
Happy Birthday Turtle! Buddy, I am so blessed to be your mom. I know that your year will be filled with happiness and I cannot wait to see what you achieve and accomplish in the coming months. You can do anything you put your mind too!