When American Girl announced their new historical doll – 1986 Courtney Moore – I was already set that this amazing doll needed to join Teagan’s American Girl Doll collection. I am an 80s baby, so this is my kind of doll with style and features from the generation that I love talking to Teagan about. When Teagan and I watched the introduction video of Courtney the first thing she asked was if she could add this to her birthday list!
Disclosure: We were provided with a free American Girl Doll and Accessories in exchange for this post. No other compensation was provided.
A Birthday Surprise With American Girl’s Courtney
Teagan Turns 8!
Eight…just doesn’t seem possible at all! As I think back over the last year, I can think of many moments that I am reminded that this special little lady is growing up. I know I say it often but goodness, it sure goes fast. In an instant she is 8!
When Teagan added Courtney to her birthday wish list I just knew it would be such a fun surprise for her. She loves all things American Girl and seeing her creativity grow with her dolls warms my heart. Imaginative play with a side of art! Love that! On her big day she was surprised with a message on the front lawn…I sent her to school and then wrapped up this special surprise just for her!
Meet Courtney Moore – Historical Doll 1986
Courtney Moore is growing up in California’s San Fernando Valley. She’s a total ’80s girl whose favorite place is Smiley’s Arcade because she loves playing video games. Courtney likes being in control of what happens, which isn’t always the case in real life. She and her stepsister, Tina, don’t always get along, and now that Courtney’s mom is running for mayor, things are changing at home. It’s a whole new game for Courtney, and she’s figuring out the rules as she goes.
Teagan’s New Favorite – Courtney
This super authentic 1980’s doll is now Teagan’s favorite. I think I have heard her talk about her Walkman and fun jean skirt and boots a few hundred times. What is hysterical about all of this is when she asks me questions about so long ago (the 80s) and if I had items like Courtney! Who would have thought that at 37 I would have a historical doll from my generation?
I have to be honest, Courtney is my favorite too and I have loved experiencing this generation with Teagan. She is just like me and agrees that the 80s fashion should come back because Courtney looks adorable! You have to check out Courtney’s whole outfit and accessories! I mean come on – it is like we are sitting in my childhood bedroom!!!
American Girl – Courtney Moore Doll
- An 18″ Courtney™ doll with blue eyes that open and close, and curly sandy-blond hair with side-swept bangs
- A purple layering tank top under a bright blue crop top with a wide neckline and an ’80s graphic on the front
- A high-waisted denim skirt with a pleated yoke in the front
- A pair of hot-pink tights and pink underwear
- A pair of white faux-leather boots with scrunched tops and pointed toes
- A pink hair tie so you can put half her hair up in a high side ponytail
- The first book in her series: Courtney Changes the Game
This set also includes Courtney’s Accessories:
- A pretend personal cassette player with fun ’80s graphics that opens to insert a tape
- A pair of colorful headphones that plug into the cassette player so she can listen to tunes—and tune out her stepsister, Tina
- A cassette tape that will really play original songs when inserted into the boombox that comes with Courtney’s™ Sleepover Accessory Set
- A case to store her favorite mix tape her friend Sarah made for her
- Four different colored plastic bangle bracelets she can stack on her wrist
- A tube of pretend Lip Smacker® lip balm on a cord to wear around her neck
- A plastic button that says “Maureen for Mayor” to show her support for her mom
©2020 Lip Smacker is a trademark of Markwins Beauty Products, Inc. All rights are reserved.
A Birthday Success with American Girl
American Girl has been a part of my life since the beginning of American Girl. I love that I am able to share my love of American Girl with Teagan and what a great surprise and gift this was for her on her 8th birthday. I wish I had a video of her opening the doll. She squealed and hugged the box and said she couldn’t wait to see her hair!
If you are looking for an extra special and fun gift idea for your American Girl loving kiddo make sure you consider Courtney, she so fun and I cannot wait to see Teagan play and create with her in the coming months. I love that these dolls help her stay creative and build her imagination as she plays with the dolls. Let kids be kids!!