‘Tis the season of making resolutions and changes. Focusing on your health just got easier with the Walgreens Quit for Good campaign. Learn how you can QUIT FOR GOOD…for you!
I was asked by Carusele to participate in the #WalgreensQuitForGood campaign, sponsored by Walgreens and Perrigo. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are my own.
New Year…New You!
This time of the year most people sit down and do an evaluation of what goals, changes and resolutions to create for the new year. I for one, am a huge fan of creating new goals to work on through out the year. Some people create one BIG resolution to focus on but I find that small attainable goals that can be “checked off” a list helps me stay focused on having a great year. There is no right or wrong way to focus on you in the New Year but the fact is, after a year like 2020, I think we all need to gain some perspective and create some changes in our lives.
Time To Quit For Good!
While I am not a person that smokes, I have seen the toll that smoking takes on a person – both financially and in their health but what I have also seen is how hard it is to stop smoking. Not just for a few weeks, months, years but to QUIT FOR GOOD! The warnings are right there on the labels, we know those things are not good for anyone but with most addictions, there are triggers and reasons why we continue to enjoy them.
2020 was rough for pretty much everyone I have talked too. Our 2020 goals went out the window once the pandemic hit. Our lives were changed and the new normal seemed really weird. If you were like me, most days felt chaotic. I had big plans in 2020 and while I am upset that some of my goals were scrapped I am also excited to start 2021 with a new focus and new expectations.
You can do this too. Especially if smoking was something you picked up again in this unprecedented time or if you had a goal to stop in 2020. No matter your situation, I encourage you to Quit for Good in 2021. Being healthy is so important, as humans we want to be around to enjoy our family and friends which is all the motivation you need to get going on this new goal for 2021!
Walgreens Smoking Cessation Products
You do not need to tackle this goal of Quitting For Good on your own. Gone are the days of quitting COLD TURKEY! Using products to help you quit is not a cop out and should never be viewed that way. Having assistance in your quit is powerful. Like always, Walgreens has you covered!
Before jumping into your last quit, head to your local Walgreens and check out the Smoking Cessation Products available. Many smoking cessation products are available over the counter at Walgreens, however you should talk to your provider or pharmacist before starting any of them as they can interact with other medications you take.
Walgreens Smoking Cessation products deliver controlled, therapeutic doses of nicotine to help with difficult, physical withdrawal symptoms & relieves cravings. The Gum and Lozenges are great options for anyone looking to start the Quit For Good Campaign. These products are 100% satisfaction guaranteed and you will be saving money when using Walgreens Smoking Cessation products compared to Nicorette and NicoDerm active ingredients products.
The Nicotine Gum comes in 2mg or 4mg and each piece of gum should last about 30 minutes. You can chew up to 20 pieces per day which means the Walgreens Nicotine Gum is good for people who like to keep their mouth busy. The Nicotine Mini Lozenges are very similar to Walgreens Nicotine Gum. The Walgreens Lozenge also comes in 2mg and 4mg strengths. Using at least 9 mini lozenges a day will help your success on this journey. The lozenges are a good choice for people who may avoid gum due to TMJ problems.
No matter what smoking cessation product you decide to use it is key to remember that in order to increase your success in quitting you must be motivated to quit, use enough smoking cessation products, use them long enough, and use with a support program as directed per enclosed product user guide.
Tips To Quit For Good
- Create a plan! The Walgreens Team is waiting for you! Every person and situation is different which is why it is key to get a personalized plan that will work on your terms!
- Find Your Support! Support can be friends and family who are also going through this challenge or understand the habit you are trying to break. OR you can utilize support via Walgreens chat. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- Learn something new! Plan ways to distract yourself from urges. Have other things nearby to hold in your hands or put in your mouth and look for fun activities that don’t include tobacco. Smoking is a time suck…you will need to replace that time with something healthy and fun!
- Use Walgreens Smoking Cessation products. After talking to a health care provider or pharmacist about the proper use of medication you can add this tip to your plan. These products deliver controlled, therapeutic doses of nicotine to help with difficult, physical withdrawal symptoms & relieves cravings.
- Be Prepared To Struggle. The challenge is not just to quit but to QUIT FOR GOOD! A lot of goals come with failures, but as you go through this journey, be okay with a slip up or bad day. Come to this goal with a plan of action when that slip up happens. And always remind yourself of the benefits of quitting.
Walgreens Is Here For You
2021 – Bigger And Better
Let’s make 2021 bigger and better than 2020. 2020 will be a year we will never forget, but it is okay to say goodbye to it. Sit down for a moment and focus on what goals, challenges, changes and resolutions you have for the new year. If smoking is something you struggle with, add Quit For Good to your goals. You can do this and like I stated above, you do not have to do it on your own. There are ways to make this the last time you have to quit smoking.
Get connected with other resources to help you quit for good. You can visit cancer.org or call the American Cancer Society 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-227-2345.
Quit For Good – FOR YOU!