If we are going out to eat and you ask Jude where he wants to go he will immediately say Texas Roadhouse! If you ask him why he will say “To stomp on peanuts and eat Rolls!” I decided to try my hand at a Copycat recipe for the amazing Rolls that Texas Roadhouse serves. I do not know what has come over me…making bread from scratch? Yup! I did it and Jude approves! Not only did the rolls and butter turn out great but when I was baking the bread our house smelled divine! I hope you try these soon!
CopyCat Texas Roadhouse Rolls & Butter Recipe
For the rolls –
1 packet of instant yeast (about 2 1/4 tsp)
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup whole milk (warm milk and then let it get to room temp before use)
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups all purpose floor
For the butter –
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
For the Rolls –
1. Using an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment, stir the yeast, water, milk, sugar, butter, egg and salt until well combined.
2. Gradually add the flour – continue mixing using the hook attachment until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Turn off the mixer and let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
4. Continue to knead the dough on medium speed for another 5 minutes. If the dough is too sticky add a couple Tbsp of flour.
5. Put the dough into a large bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size. It took about 45 minutes for mine.
6. After it is doubled in size, punch down. Using a rolling pin roll the dough into a 1 inch thick square. Cut the dough into 2 inch squares. Put the squares onto a baking sheet. Cover your baking sheet with a towel and let the square rise for another 45 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes. Do not over bake! Serve Warm!
For the Butter –
1. Using a whisk attachment for an electric mixer add the room temperature butter and beat for 30 seconds.
2. Add the powdered sugar, honey and cinnamon and beat until well combined. The butter should be light and fluffy! It took about 3 minutes for mine to be just right!
3. Serve with your warm Texas Roadhouse Rolls!
YUM!! I am going to try these soon!!!
C Hill says
Pinning for future enjoyment!! Looks delicious! We can't go to Texas Roadhouse since my son has a peanut allergy, so thanks for bringing the deliciousness of their bread to our kitchen!
These look deeeeelish!
Ashley Cruz says
Nice! I think I could eat that whole basket right now.
The Shopping Duck says
I love Texas Roadhouse rolls. These look delicious!
First … I love your pink Kitchen Aid!! The rolls looks delicious. I pinned this post and can't wait to make them!
I love copycat recipes – and will be trying these rolls! Thanks for sharing – pinning this recipe! #SITSBlogging
I have never baked rolls before. You recipe and pictures have tempted me to bake some. Thanks for the recipe…#sitsblogging.
oh wow – these sound good! I love making buns/breads!
Tamara Willis says
I love these but we haven't been to Texas Roadhouse in years. So thanks for the recipe. Stopped by from the SITS Girls linkup
Yummy! I am always looking for a good bread recipe. And I think my little man would like the honey butter. Thanks for sharing.
(visiting you a bit late from SITS Comment Love)