Well some evenings I get an itch to bake something sweet and fun for my family. I started to think about some of the sweet treats I loved to enjoy growing up and one dessert popped in my head. My youth director growing up would make yummy Cinnamon Monkey Bread that was SOOOO good. Now Sue, my youth director, is a darn good baker – me, not so much! Going to be honest here, I do not have the time to make Monkey Bread from scratch so I decided to make an easier version with a kick of sprinkles!
I did sneak a bite (yes that has been my ONE cheat while on Medifast) and man they are perfect! Jude and Teagan love them and they are so easy to serve in the individual cupcakes rather than a large cake! I think this is a perfect idea for treats for a kid’s birthday party! Ready to learn how to make your own Birthday Cake Monkey Bread Cupcakes?
Birthday Cake Monkey Bread Cupcakes
Free Printable Recipe here!
1 can jumbo refrigerated biscuits – 8 biscuits (home-style works best)
1 cup Funfetti cake mix
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 can of Vanilla Frosting with Sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the cupcake liners in the muffin tin (8).
2. In a large mixing bowl mix together the cake mix and brown sugar. Mix well! You can add extra sprinkles if you would like.
3. In a small mixing bowl add the melted butter and vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Now take each biscuit out of the canister. Cut each biscuit into four pieces. You will use these pieces to build your Monkey Bread Cupcakes.
5. Dip each piece of biscuit into the butter mixture and then cover with the cake mix mixture. Make sure each piece is completely covered with the cake mix and then begin to build your cupcake. Simply place 4 pieces of biscuit into each cupcake liner.
6. Bake the Birthday Cake Monkey Bread Cupcakes for 12-14 minutes. Do not over bake – they burn quickly!
7. Once baked, immediately put a dollop of frosting on each cupcake and then add some sprinkles for some colorful fun! It is best to enjoy these with the hot melted frosting but you can reheat or even eat at room temperature! Enjoy!!
After doing this and finding it super easy and delicious I am thinking about all sorts of flavors for Monkey Bread Cupcakes! Yum! Maybe some fruit flavored ones for breakfast? I am labeling this recipe as Toddler Approved!!
The kids have eaten all of our Birthday Cake Monkey Bread Cupcakes so I didn’t even get to share one with Sue to get her approval but I think she would be proud! Baking doesn’t have to take hours, finding easy pre-made ingredients makes a busy mom like me happy to bake up some great sweet treats for my family!
What is your favorite way to make Monkey Bread?