Cornbread Sloppy Joe Casserole
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
For the Cornbread – Recipe:
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow stone-ground cornmeal
1/4 cup Monk Fruit In The Raw™
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup 1% milk, at room temperature
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef/turkey, pepper and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until boiling; keep warm.
3. Prepare cornbread while the meat mixture is cooking,
4. Spoon hot meat mixture into 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the cheese.
6. Spoon cornbread batter evenly over top.
8. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over hot casserole.