Even though the snow has moved into Colorado I am still feeling in the Harvest and Fall mood, especially in the kitchen. This means I am busting out all of our family favorite Fall Recipes. Most of these recipes are dinners BUT I have one that I love making because it is a dessert, Cranberry Apple Crisp, This is a warm you up from the inside out dessert that will compliment your fall meals.
I personally like this recipe because it includes some fresh fruit and oats and to also make this dessert a little bit “lighter” I like to use the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread. Not only is the spread super easy to bake with but it is also 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter!! I’ll take it!
Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
Free Printable Recipe here.
5 Gala apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar, divided
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
6 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine apples, cranberries, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl. Pour into prepared baking dish.
3. Combine I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®, oats, flour, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon In medium bowl until blended.
4. Sprinkle oat topping mixture over apples.
5. Bake 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.
6. Serve warm! Top with vanilla ice cream for a treat!
Looks amazing right? The addition of the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spread to this crisp makes this recipe even easier to make too. I love how the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spread is ready to spread and super easy to use right out of the refrigerator. Perfect for baking but also for spreading on toast, muffins and topping veggies. Delicious! The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is made from real, simple ingredients – 100% taste, 0% artificial preservatives. This means those ingredients are simple and real. Nice!
Do you have any favorite Fall Desserts?