Are you making Christmas gifts this year? I am. I want our gifts to be personal and frankly, cheaper. The Holiday season can get pricey and one of the items that I love to give are bath bombs. I love them and most of my friends do as well. I decided that I wanted to try to make my own Bath Bombs and guess what – it worked!! Check out these festive Candy Cane Bath Bombs and make some for your friends and family – oh and yourself too!
Candy Cane Bath Bombs
1/2 cup oil – I used Coconut Oil, you could use olive oil, almond oil or grape seed oil.
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup citric acid
1 cup baking soda
10 -12 drops of peppermint essential oil
molds – I used candy molds and cupcake liners.
1. In a medium mixing bowl Mix cornstarch, citric acid, and baking soda. Combine well!
2. In a small bowl combine oil and peppermint oil drops.
3. Add oil mixture to the dry mix mixture. When it is completely combined it will feel like wet sand. I found that using my hands to mix was a lot easier than using a spoon.
4. Fill molds with mixture. Let dry, uncovered, for at least 24 hours!
5. Once dry – take out of molds and package. I used tissue paper and fun “to go” boxes for my gifts.
To use: run a warm bath and add bomb to water once filled. The Peppermint oil will make your bath amazing. Did you know that Peppermint Oil is a healer?
Check out these 6 uses for Peppermint Oil:
1. Assists in Indigestion
2. Relieves Congestion
3. Helps with Headaches
4. Relief from Stress
5. Improves Energy and Alertness
6. Soothes Sore Muscles
So basically when you gift these cute little Candy Cane Bath Bombs you are giving the gift of healing and relaxing!
Do you have any bath lovers on your holiday gift list??