I love all things breakfast so I am always looking to spice up our mornings with a yummy treat. Last weekend we had a Christmas kick off of decorating the house, the tree, inviting the Elf on the Shelf back and going to see Santa – it was perfect. While I was looking at the calender for the weekend I knew that I would need an easy breakfast recipe for Saturday morning before we started the task of decorating the house and the tree.
Honesty time – I had already bought some Egg Nog before Thanksgiving. YUM! I love Egg Nog, well just a small drink every night, can’t indulge in that goodness too much! Well, I love me some overnight french toast so I decided to give my traditional recipe a little holiday spice!
Overnight Egg Nog French Toast
Free printable recipe here.
1 cup Egg Nog
1/2 cup half and half
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 TBSP light corn syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
6-8 slices of french bread – I used 8 – 1 inch slices
1. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Slice the french bread accordingly.
3. Heat brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small sauce pan. Cook and sir until the mixture begins to boil. Once boiling remove from heat and pour into the baking dish.
4. Place sliced bread on top of the sugar mixture.
5. Combine egg nog, half and half, eggs and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Whisk egg mixture until completely combined.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the bread – covering bread evenly.
7. Cover the baking dish with foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours overnight.
8. Once the 8 hours has passed, remove from refrigerator and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
9. Bake with foil on the baking dish at 325 for 35 minutes. Next, remove foil and raise temperature to 375 and bake for another 10 minutes, uncovered. French Toast should be golden brown.
10. Serve hot and top with whipped cream or even some maple syrup. Enjoy!!
This recipe was so easy and it was just enough of a holiday favorite flavor to our French Toast. Even Jeremy who does NOT like Egg Nog thought that the flavor was really good. Overnight French Toast is a perfect idea for Christmas morning! Keep this one in mind because it brings the holiday favorite right to your breakfast table! Enjoy!!
Do you have any Overnight French Toast recipes?
Lauren Atkins says
That looks amazing!
Angela Kinder says
I love egg nog and I love french toast but never thought of making Egg Nog French Toast. That looks absolutely delicious!
tara pittman says
My husband loves eggnog. I need to make this for him for breakfast or dinner.
Erinn Sluka says
My boys would love this! I'll have to try it
Beth Jackson Klosterboer says
I love egg nog and I love French Toast, so this is my kind of breakfast.
Uplifting Families says
This sounds delicious. We might have to try it.
My dad would love this – he loves Egg Nog!
Masshole Mommy says
I love egg nog, but never had anything like this before. What an awesome recipe 🙂
Mama to 5 says
Oh that sounds like a great recipe, perfect for Christmas morning! Yum!
OMg I want to make this tonight. Off to buy bread.
I am not much for egg nog. I could really get into that bread. Looks so good.
Brittnei Washington says
I've near heard of this before but egg nog and half and half on french toast sounds sensational! 🙂
I love this idea. I am going to have to try it out one day.