Christmas is here!! Time to decorate! Have you put up your tree, decorated your house and made your new Christmas Door Wreath? We have! I feel like we were ready to decorate early this year so I got a head start on my new Christmas Wreath and I love it!!
This might look difficult but honestly, it didn’t take me longer than 45 minutes to complete! Nice!!
Peppermint Starlights Candy Door Wreath
- 16 inch styrofoam wreath form
- Hot Glue
- 40 oz bag of Peppermint Starlights
- 10 Yards roll of red floral ribbon – not wired
- Pre-made red bow (or make your own)
- Shellac/Acrylic Gloss Spray
- A friend to unwrap all 40 oz of starlights! 😉
1. Wrap the wreath form with the red floral ribbon making sure to cover the white form. Not only does this make the wreath look better but the hot glue adheres to the ribbon better than the foam.
2. Have your best friend unwrap all of the starlights. Seriously, this is the hardest and most time consuming part of this craft. Unwrap all of those candies!
3. Start hot gluing the starlights to the wreath. There isn’t an exact science to this process but I did try to not make just rows. Instead I placed the candies randomly.
4. To protect the starlights from any elements spray the wreath with Shellac/Acrylic Gloss Spray. Do this outside!! Let dry completely.
5. Using some of the Floral Ribbon create a “hanger” for the wreath. Secure with a knot.
6. Secure the bow to the top of your wreath.
Don’t you love it!?!? It is so cute and different.
One warning – it is HEAVY!!
Have you decorated for Christmas in your home?