Monday my friend Lauren and I ventured to a local recreation center in search of this thing called Aqua Zumba. I am sure all of you have heard of Zumba but this is Zumba in the pool. We gathered our pool things and jumped it, we had NO idea what to expect but I believe that both of us were pleasantry surprised and pleased with our hour work out!
I am not much of a working out girl – but this is my kind of work out, it went fast, it was fun and I felt it in the morning! If you can find an Aqua Zumba near you, I really recommend it. Right now our plan is to attend the Aqua Zumba class at least once a week, there are 2 classes offered per week so on weeks that are not too busy I might go for a second day as well.
Aqua Zumba Tips/Information:
1. Wear a One Piece suit that covers your goods, seriously, I had on a tankini and it was interesting.
2. Drink water during, yes, during. Just because you are in the water does not mean you do not need to hydrate during your work out.
3. Check your pride at the door. Dance, push it, work it hard – the more you push and the more you get into the Zumba dance the more calories you will burn.
4. Water should come to your chest, this allows you to get a great upper body and arm work out with out bending into the water.
5. So you love the idea of Zumba but your joints cannot handle it – this is for you! Very low impact cardio option.
6. Being in the water can help to improve circulation while your heart pumps more efficiently.
7. A great option for those who are intimidated by dancing in front of others – because you are under the water you will not feel self-conscious about missing a step!
8. Water shoes might be a good idea for you to get traction on the pool floor and protect your feet.
9. Keep in mind that you cannot move in the water as fast or with ease, the dance moves will be half time compared to normal Zumba.
10. Have fun! And Keep Moving!
Here is a video from an Aqua Zumba Class that looks so fun!
Lauren Atkins says
Laura Funk says
Good tips, next time I am coming with you two!
Masshole Mommy says
I do regular zumba, but I don't swim, so I will keep it in the gym 🙂
Jen B says
This sounds like a lot of fun! I have heard of regular zumba but haven't tried it yet!
Jessica Harlow says
I've never been to a Zumba class in the pool or out, but I think it's something I'd really like. As long as I wear a full on one piece and check my pride at the door! lol
Rebecca Bryant says
It's on my to dolist to take a Zumba class. This one sounds fun.
This is interesting. May be a way for me to get into it.
Aqua zumba! I've never heard of this but it sounds right up my alley!
This is a great alternative for those who can't do high impact workouts. It actually sounds like fun!
I've never heard of aqua zumba. That's pretty awesome sounding though, I'd try it.
DeDa Studios says
The Wellness Center by us offers Water Zumba – it is so much fun!
I still have yet to take a zumba class, but I'd be more willing in the water!
Melissa Vera says
I have never heard of aqua zumba before but this post has gotten me so interested in. I will have to check to see if there is a class near me.
I have never heard of this. I totally would go and do it!
Kelly @ Texas Type A Mom says
Unfortunately my gym doesn't have a pool, if they get one at the closest location I'll definitely have to check this out! I love anything water related!
Amanda Love says
I had no idea there was such a thing as Aqua Zumba but I would so love to try it.
Trisha Grimes says
I loved Zumba and had no idea that Aqua Zumba even existed! I just looked and actually found quite a few classes in my area!
I've never done Zumba or Aqua Zumba before.
Lexie Lane says
I haven't done it in a while but I used to really love it. I didn't know there was even such a thing as aqua rumba! This is cool!
Krystal Butherus says
I would love to give it a try. I bet it would be more soothing !