What do your week nights look like? Ours are crazy busy and frankly the little time that we have to spend with the kiddos means dinner time can sometimes lead to very “fast food” meals because Jeremy and I want to make sure we get some playtime in with the kids after work. By the time we get home from work and pick up Jude and Teagan we have about 2 hours to spend with the kids, that includes meal prep and dinner time. To make our meals a little more wholesome and homemade I started trying to find some simple meals that seem like they were made on the weekends but they were actually made in under 30 minutes! Boom!! We do have a secret ingredient to make these meals possible though.
Introducing the NEW Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking. Now, what do these special little cartons do for a busy family? They help that family create family favorite meals in less time and with less ingredients. Basically, for any recipe that has the Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, Condensed French Onion or Condensed Tomato soups you use these new cartons instead. They add a little extra flavor and spin to those traditional favorites that may be perfect for a weekend meal but now you can make those meals in less time on your busy week DAY! Now, these 2 recipes that I am sharing are some of our favorite meals but the evenings that I made these the whole family commented on the delicious taste! Secret ingredient works!
Free printable recipe here.
Bag of Frozen Meatballs, thawed
Campbell’s Savory Portobello Mushroom
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup Sour Cream
10 ounces Egg Noodles, cooked as directed
1. In a large skillet add the Worcestershire Sauce and carton of Portobello Mushroom soup. Mix well.
2. Bring mixture to a boil. Add thawed meatballs to the soup mixture.
3. Simmer for 8 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add sour cream to skillet. Stir in sour cream until completely combined.
5. While meatballs are simmering, prepare egg noodles as directed.
6. Serve Meatball Stroganoff over cooked egg noodles and enjoy!
This meal literally took 20 minutes to prepare and I had some very excited dinner guests! Beef Stroganoff is one of Jeremy’s favorite meals and meatballs are the kids favorite thing to eat so I got a little creative by using meatballs rather than pieces of beef! Yummy! Quick and easy dinner and we still had time to play outside as a family!
And now for another one of our favorite meals but with a little twist!
Mexican Sloppy Joes
Free printable recipe here.
1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
Campbell’s Mexican Style Tomato
Shredded Jack Cheese
Hamburger Buns of choice
1. In a skillet brown ground beef, drain fat once cooked properly.
2. Add carton of Campbell’s Mexican Style Tomato soup to the beef.
3. Bring combination to a simmer and let simmer for 8 minutes.
4. Serve over hamburger buns and topped with shredded jack cheese. Enjoy and get sloppy!!
I love a good Sloppy Joe and finding a way to make the traditional Sloppy Joe a little different is nice. And the ease of this dinnertime favorite is perfect on a busy weekday night after a long day at work.
What is your go to weeknight meal?