If you have been around here for a while you probably have noticed that I LOVE baking and creating yummy dessert recipes and guess what, sometimes the waist line shows that. Recently, the husband and I have been trying to follow the Weight Watchers diet and it has been a lot of fun working together to making a healthier family. Let’s be real though, we still need some sweets in our life! I found the solution – this Weight Watchers friendly recipe will have you digging dessert again, even on a diet! Oh and you literally only need 2 ingredients for this treat! Bonus!
2 Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Free Printable Recipe Here.
1 box of Angel Food Cake Mix
20 ounce can crushed pineapple, do not drain
Whipped Topping (optional)
Sliced Strawberries (optional)
Sliced Strawberries (optional)
1. Using directions on box of Angel Food Cake Mix preheat oven. I baked my cake at 325 degrees.
2. Prepare baking pan of choice with cooking spray. I used a bundt cake pan, other options would be a spring pan form, cupcakes, 9×13 pan, ect.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the Angel Food Cake Mix and the can of pineapple (juice included). Mix well, but slowly with a spatula. Mix will be very fluffy and full of air.
4. Pour mixture into the baking pan. Bake at temp and time as directed on box of cake mix.
5. Once baked, let cool completely before serving.
6. Cut into 12 slices for a 1 Weight Watchers Points Plus dessert!
7. Optional to add fat free whipped topping and strawberries as well! Enjoy!!
Looks delicious right? It is! Such a different spin on a traditional Angel Food Cake and really is a perfect springtime dessert! Yummy!!
What recipes have you found that cut back on the dessert indulgences?
This looks SO yummy!
Masshole Mommy says
That sounds awesome. I love how easy it is to make.
I can't believe how easy and delicious this looks! Thanks!
This looks delicious . I like this quick method rather than from scratch since this will be easier to not mess up
Maria Long says
I have never made this type of Angel Food cake, I have added shaved chocolate but this I would enjoy as well.
Shelly B says
Love angel food cake. Light airy and tasty. Will be trying your recipe~
This looks like the perfect (low-calorie) dessert for summer! We'll definitely be trying this one!
Rebecca Bryant says
YUM!1 Two of my favorite things pineapple and angel food cake.
Kelly Hutchinson says
Isn't it funny how a few simple ingredients can produce such a flavorful dish? This is perfect for spring.
Brittany @ Clumps of Mascara says
Ok drooling..and what I love most is how simple it is! Thanks for sharing..definitely going to be making! YUM! 😀
Liz Mays says
That just looks so delicious. I wish I could have desserts like this after each meal!
Im drooling!! I am literally like drooling great pics and presentation of this!
Whaaa?! This is so easy and it looks amazaing!
Finally a yummy recipe this bad cook can make – ty and I love pineapple
It doesn't get easier than that, right? It sounds tasty and light. I know I'd love it.
Ashley @Irishred02 says
Pineapple cake is one of my favorites and 2 ingredient cakes even better 🙂
Krystal Butherus says
Can't believe it's only two ingredients! This sounds so awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Debi- The Spring Mount 6 Pack says
Oh that sounds fantastic. I love angel food cake and this twist sounds so good.
BonBon Rose Girls Kristin says
That looks sooooooo tasty and soooooo easy!