Do you ever have days that you feel like you need to eat cookie dough right from the package that sits in your freezer? Oh come on – admit it, you do it! Well, if you are like me you were brought up by a mother who told you that doing that would make you terribly sick! Oh those eggs! So because I still hear my mother’s voice telling me that every time I sneak a little taste of raw cookie dough I decided to make my own little treat that is safe and delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Free Printable Recipe Here
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Sweet cookie or cracker of your choice
1. In a medium sauce pan, heat butter, salt and brown sugar over medium heat.
2. While heating, stir mixture constantly. The brown sugar will dissolve.
3. Once sugar has dissolved, remove pan from heat and whisk in the vanilla. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and cream cheese. Using a hand mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes. Mixture will become smooth.
5. Slowly add room temperature sugar mixture to the cream cheese mixture with hand mixer on low speed. Beat for 2 minutes.
6. Using a spatula mix in the chocolate chips.
7. Serve with sweet crackers or cookies. If not serving immediately refrigerate the dip. Enjoy!
This dip is so yummy it is dangerous! Not raw egg dangerous but eat the whole bowl dangerous! I plan on making this for an upcoming BBQ for a different dessert that people will love. The addition of the wafer cookers make this the perfect dipping dessert!
Do you sneak pieces of egg filled raw cookie dough even if your mother taught you not too?
I promise I will not tell your mother! HA!