Last week we started something new for our family – Taekwondo for Jude. While I truly believe this will be so helpful for him, it is a huge time investment for our family. Two evenings a night we will be heading to Taekwondo which means we needed some fast meal ideas. I started thinking about some new crock pot meals and came up with one that is WAY to easy and the kids loved it. Promise to take more pictures of Jude’s Taekwondo soon!
Crock Pot French Dip Sandwich
Free Printable Recipe Here.
3 pounds chuck roast (you can use any Roast)
3 cans (10 ounce) Beef Consomme – found in soup section
1. Place roast in crock pot.
2. Pour the Beef Consomme over the roast.
3. Cook on low for 9-12 hours or on high for 6-7 hours.
4. After beef is cooked and tender, take roast out of crock pot and shred on a plate. Place shredded meat back into the juice in the crock pot. Let warm for another 15 minutes.
5. Serve shredded roast on hoagie buns with a side of warm au jus from the juice of the roast. Enjoy!!
I was really surprised how simple it was to create this delicious dinner for the family. And that roast – oh so tender!! This was the perfect dinner to come home to after a late Taekwondo session for Jude! And we didn’t have to turn on the hot oven! Bonus!!
What is your favorite late dinner recipe?