There is something perfect about baking in the fall in preparation for Thanksgiving and so many other holiday festivities. One ingredient that I love baking with are apples – the aroma that fills the house makes me instantly think of the holidays. If you have been around here for awhile you know I love preparing desserts but I certainly do not have time to be in the kitchen for hours so finding little short cuts in my baking and cooking is a necessity.
Last weekend, I wanted to share an apple cobbler with my family and found a way to add a fun twist to the recipe but also a way to make the prep time less than 20 minutes! NICE!
As I was shopping for some cookie dough to have on hand for the next few weeks I stumbled across this new flavor of refrigerated cookie dough from NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. Harvest Apple Cookie Dough has apple pieces, apple-flavored filling and cinnamon with a sweet cookie dough! Pick it up soon because it is available for a limited time only! YUM! So, I took these fall perfect cookies and created something new!
Harvest Apple Cookie Cobbler
Free printable recipe here.
5 sliced peeled granny apple apples
1 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground all-spice
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 pkg NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Harvest Apple Refrigerated Cookie Dough
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl, mix apples, brown sugar, flour, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, the allspice and lemon juice.
3. Toss apples to make sure they are covered with the brown sugar mixture well.
4. Spoon into ungreased 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate.
5. Place Harvest Apple Refrigerated Cookie Dough on top of the apples evenly.
6. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender.
7. Serve warm with or without ice cream! Enjoy!
This recipe turned out so good. I loved the addition of the Harvest Apple Cookie Dough for the cobbler topping. Added great flavors and made the recipe even easier!
Love this recipe? Pin it please!
Would love to hear your favorite Fall Cobbler recipe!