Jeremy’s parents live in Arizona and we live in Colorado which means we always have phone call dates on Sunday nights for the kids to talk to their Grandma and Grandpa. These dates are usually really hard for the kids because they get bored with just talking and that leads to us having to redirect them a lot during the conversations. Makes for a difficult time for everyone.
We know that Grandma and Grandpa miss doing simple things like coloring, drawing, reading and playing games with Jude and Teagan so when we found out about a new app called HomeTeam™ we were so excited to try our new Grandma and Grandpa date!
Information about the HomeTeam™:
- HomeTeam is an app that you can Download on Android tablets or Download on iOS tablets.
- HomeTeam works as a video chat but also gives the chance for families who are long distance to enjoy some fun games and activities. There are games that you can play together as well as books that you can read all while still being able to see the live faces of the person you’re talking to!
- You can download the app for a tablet or access the app on a desktop.
- Try the new HomeTeam™ app by using a first-month free trial.
- Then when you find out how great the app is you can enjoy it for a low monthly cost of $8.95 per month after the trial has expired.
The best part about using the HomeTeam app was seeing how fun the kids and grandparents had engaging with one another AND we didn’t have any redirection the whole time! YAY! This app made it possible for the kids to stay focused and have some fun with Grandma and Grandpa. I think their favorite game was the matching game with Curious George.
Jude and Teagan are pretty technologically advanced which means they were able to use the app with out any challenges. They immediately started using the app and picked out their games and books and started the call with Grandma and Grandpa with ease! I can see this app being something we use for a long time as the kids get older.
Memories do not have to be made in person, something we have learned over the years of having these weekly phone dates with the kids and Grandma and Grandpa. While these phone conversations have given the kids some memories and good interactions with them in Arizona, using the HomeTeam™ app is taking these weekly dates to a whole new level! So much laughing and fun!
While we already have enjoyed using this app with the grandparents I see us using the HomeTeam™ app when we go on business trips as well. Great way for us to still read a goodnight story to the kids even if one of us is at a work conference or training! Love it!
Would you have a use for the HomeTeam app?