It is a busy time of year in our house, I am sure it is in yours too. The hustle and bustle is real and in full effect. Sometimes I look at my calendar and see the days of the holidays literally melting away from us and it brings me back to reality. Makes me take a breather and plan something that makes our whole family stop, cuddle, snack and enjoy each other’s company – movie night!
I declared that night a Minions Movie Night and quickly got to thinking about what I could make for a fun and creative movie snack after dinner. Then it hit me, put away the popcorn and create something Minions themed of course!
AHH!! Isn’t this just perfect for a Minions Movie Night? This is so simple to do and pretty fast too which was perfect for our impromptu movie night.
Apples – any type
Yellow candy melts – 1 large bag
Blue cupcake liners
Black gel frosting
1. Wash and dry apples.
2. Place paper candy sticks into the top of each apple.
3. Set out cupcake liners on parchment paper.
4. Melt yellow candy melts as directed on bag in a deep microwave safe bowl.
5. Once melted, carefully place an apple into the candy, twist apple slowly to cover apple with candy.
6. Place apple into cupcake liner to create Minion pants.
7. Get creative and place candy eyes onto the melted chocolate on the apples.
8. Place covered apples in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
9. Once the candy covered apples harden, remove from refrigerator.
10. Using the black gel frosting create the goggles, mouth and hair on each apple.
11. Time to enjoy the Minions Candy Covered Apples! Enjoy and have fun!
Once our movie treats were complete we were ready for a great family movie night with these adorable and tasty Minions Candy Covered Apples! Seeing Jude and Teagan’s eyes when I walked down to the family room with these adorable little Illumination Entertainment’s Minions was priceless. Taking time, even if it is just for a movie, with the family during this busy time of year is so refreshing and necessary. Talk about a total reset of the mind!
How are you celebrating the release of the Minions movie with your family?
Post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!