It is that time of the year – beer, the color green and yummy Irish eats! This year, I decided to step away from the traditional Irish meals and focus on a fun dessert to share with family and friends using a favorite Irish stout – Guinness.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies!
1/2 cup Guinness Stout
1 cup butter – room temp
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
3 TBSP cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Using a standing mixture begin by creaming the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl. Mix until fluffy.
3. Add eggs and Guinness to butter and sugar mixture and mix well until completely combined.
4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well.
6. Using a shallow bowl or plate – mix the sugar and cinnamon to us for the cookie dough.
7. Scoop 2 inch balls of cookie dough and roll them into balls.
8. Coat each ball of dough in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
9. Place on parchment paper.
10. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely and enjoy!!
The best part about this recipe is that it leaves you with a good amount of Guinness to enjoy while your cookies are baking! Ha!! Okay, well the other great thing about this recipe is that it makes some delicious cookies without a ton of effort. A must try for this St. Patrick’s Day season.