Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Bake
4 medium sized russet potatoes, cleaned, peeled and diced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast – cubed
1/2 cup turkey bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup green onion – sliced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 TBSP unsalted butter
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 casserole dish.
2. Layer half of the diced potatoes in the bottom of the dish. Place all of the cubed chicken evenly on top of the potatoes.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle half of the bacon crumbles over chicken and layer 1 cup of cheese over bacon.
5. Add half of the green onions over the cheese layer.
6. Spread the remaining diced potatoes over onions. Then add remaining bacon and 1 cup of cheese and the rest of the green onions.
7. Pour heavy cream over top f the casserole evenly.
8. Drop “pieces” of butter over the casserole.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
10. After 1 hour, remove foil and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
11. Serve and enjoy hot!
Erin @ Stay at Home Yogi says
Love something warm and cheesy on a snow day! 🙂 And I love your kids names too btw!
Jamie L. says
This looks delicious and I love casseroles. Sounds perfect for a cold night. I'll have to give it a try.
Oh my gosh, what an easy, but tasty sounding recipe! I have no doubt my family would love this!
This looks like such a hearty and delicious casserole. My family would gobble this up!
My kids are hard to please, but this casserole looks like one my kids will actually eat. I can't wait to make it!
Wandering Wagars says
This sounds and looks delicious! Always on the lookout for one dish recipes as there never seems to be enough time for prepping and cooking dinner after work. Having cheese in the recipe is a bonus in my house for kid appeal.
This looks amazing! I am going to have to make this for dinner. We love potatoes and chicken. What a great combo!