One flavor that I love during the holidays is Cranberry. Thankfully my family and Jeremy’s family agrees, we always have some great Cranberry dishes on the dinner table. This year, I wanted to add an additional treat for everyone to enjoy using my favorite flavor. I started thinking of side dishes that are perfect for potlucks and I immediately thought of “Lutheran Salad”. For those that aren’t Catholic light (Lutheran) you may not know the salad as that name but let me assure you, that is THE name! HA! Green salad, pistachio fluff salad, or ambrosia salad might ring a bell for you. I created a holiday twist to this treat and it is simply amazing.
Cranberry Ambrosia Salad
Free printable recipe here.
2 cans whole berry cranberry sauce
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
1. Empty cranberry sauce into a medium bowl. Mash up sauce completely.
2. Add Greek yogurt to cranberry sauce and mix well.
3. Add pineapple tidbits and combine.
4. Stir in marshmallows, pecans and coconut flakes.
5. Cover and refrigerate salad for at least 4 hours before serving. I chilled ours overnight.
6. Enjoy chilled as a dessert or side dish!
This is a super easy side dish that makes a ton of salad which is great for large holiday get-togethers. I love that you can prepare this salad the evening before the big day. Less stress!! Keep in mind that this sweet and tangy dish can be a side dish or a dessert or both! Great for picky kiddos too!
What side dish or dessert will you be preparing this holiday season?