Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DonVictorHoney, #HappyHealthyHoney #CollectiveBias
- Honey is a natural source of energy.
- Honey is a natural cough suppressant.
- Honey never goes bad.
- Honey comb can be eaten.
- Honey is best at room temperature – Storing honey in the refrigerator accelerates the honey’s crystallization.
Don Victor® Honey is my favorite honey to enjoy. When I was first introduced to Don Victor® Honey I was shocked that the Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar came with honey comb. I honestly, had no idea that you could eat the comb but now I am hooked.
Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread in a Jar
1 1/4 cup hot water
1/3 cup Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey
3 TBSP butter, melted
Ingredients In Jar:
1 standard packet active yeast
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup dry milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 TBSP melted Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey
1. In a small bowl combine hot water, honey, butter and yeast packet. Allow the yeast to bloom for at least 5 minutes.
2. Using a standing mixer add all dry ingredients from the jar to the mixing bowl – combine. Add the dough hook attachment to your mixer.
3. Once the yeast has bloomed, add the liquid ingredients to the mixer and mix on medium speed for 10 minutes or until the dough comes together.
4. Place dough ball into a large bowl that is oiled. Cover with plastic wrap.
5. Let dough rise for 2 hours in a warm location.
7. Add dough to the pan in a nice loaf shape.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake bread for 50-60 minutes or until brown.
10. Let pan cool for at least 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely before slicing.
11. Top bread with butter or honey with comb! Enjoy!!
I would love to receive such a wellness basket. The honey bread took amazing. I bet it's very mosit too.
Adriana Martin says
This is a lovely idea and adding the honey to a basket is the perfect gift too. Thanks for participating in this shop ~ client
Valerie CottageMakingMommy says
Until a few years ago I had no idea how important good honey was in order to maintain good health. I will look for this honeycomb. I love your gift basket idea and so want to try the bread.
Kathy BP says
This looks like an awesome basket. I would love to have one of them. I think that the bread you made looks so delicious too.
Lisa Codina says
What a brilliant idea for a gift! I know a lot friends who don't mind cooking but hate following recipes. This way they just mix the ingredients and they're good to go!
Phoebe @ GettingFreedom says
I cannot wait to try your bread recipe! I am a bread maker so I'm always looking for new recipes that my family will love. I've seen this honey at my local store and wondered how good it was. So neat that it comes with the honeycomb, too!