Instant Pot…so now what?
Tips I have gathered so far:
1. Read the manual. Yeah, got to do that for this one. This is not just your ordinary pressure cooker.
2. Start normal…what does that mean? Be basic with your recipes at first, jumping right to the yogurt or cheesecake might not be the best idea.
3. Ask people for their favorites. Get recipes from friends that have had successfully meals so far!
4. Join the Instant Pot facebook group. Did this, totally overwhelmed but so many great people with amazing tips and ideas.
5. Before use, clean Instant Pot by pressure cooking a cup of water to clean and sterilize the unit.
6. Learn the basics of cooking time for the Instant Pot. Again, read the manual.
7. Experiment! Take a weekend to check out the rice cooker, saute feature and even the set it and forget it feature. Time to get to know this new appliance that just might change your meal planning and prepping forever!!
8. I stated to a friend that I was terrified of pressure cookers due to the “blowing up” issue! She assured me this was safer as long as you learn how to release Instant Pot when pressure cooking.
Questions I have for you:
1. Your simple dos and don’ts.
2. Favorite recipes.
3. Your favorite features and settings.
4. Cleaning tips.
5. Favorite add on items and accessories.
Please leave me any great Instant Pot knowledge you can! I am excited and terrified to be in this club but want to rock it!
Instant Pot….do you have one?
Julie Wood says
I do not have an Instant Pot yet, but I want to get one soon. I saw them on the shelves for the Holidays and I was wondering how they work. I hope they are easy to use! I would love to make recipes fast!
Shecki Grtlyblesd says
I got myself one for Christmas in the Black Friday sales. I'm loving it so far! Mostly using it for beans and "hard boiled" (steamed, really) eggs, but we've done meat a couple times in it, too.
Heather Lawrence - Adventures With Four says
I don't have an instant pot and to be honest with you I haven't even seen one yet! Im curious myself how they work. I am totally interested in stuff that will help me save time and money in the kitchen any day 😉
Fashion Beyond Forty says
Okay … I am one of those living under a rock LOL! I love this and I totally want one! Granted it would be one more thing to find a place to store, but if it makes life easier, I'm in!
Jennifer EngineerMommy says
I guess I am under a rock, as I haven't heard of Instant Pot lol. All kidding aside, this does sound like a fabulous tool for the kitchen. I love the idea of saving so much time when preparing classic meals!
Phoebe @ GettingFreedom says
I am in LOVE with my Instant Pot. Seriously a dinner changer in my home. I love to cook, and cook from scratch and large (hundreds) crowds on the regular…but I cannot for the life of me remember to set meat out to thaw for dinner. Have no fear — the instant pot saves dinner, every single time. And, everything that I've tried has been so good. I'm in an Instant Pot facebook group, the advice that I've learned in there has been invaluable.
Aileen Adalid says
I LOVE slow cooked meals, so I naturally love a cooker that can make the most of my recipe. I've heard of this brand actually and it's great to hear that you recommend it too 😀
Debra Schroeder says
I love my Instant Pot. I got it during the Black Friday sale. We've made tacos, tortilla soup, and lots of hard boiled eggs. I need to use it more but haven't because I've been traveling.
eyeglasses online says
Nice article, thank you for the sharing