This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
Are you ready for some football? We are! Let’s be honest, in this house every day is a football day but when it is The Big Game season we get a little more excited. Before kids we would attend Big Game viewing parties a lot but now that we have little ones we have moved our celebrations to our house. Now, I am going to be honest, I think the best thing about hosting a viewing party for any sporting event is the planning of the food.
This year I am going big and creative. No more traditional finger foods – nope, we are going for the shock effect when our guests arrive and head for the snack table. Recently, I came up with a great appetizer idea that could also be considered a meal – Onion Ring Tower Nachos Supreme.
Stop licking the screen, I know this tower looks amazing but please stop and go make your own. Not only is this a great twist on a yummy game time appetizer but it also incorporates onion rings, which everyone loves. Oh and in true Censie fashion this recipe is super simple!
Using our favorite McCain Craft Beer Battered Onion Rings makes this dish even better. I always keep a few bags of McCain items in our deep freeze for special events like The Big Game. When stocking up for the upcoming game make sure you stop at your local grocery store and pick up any of the McCain products. We especially love the Craft Beer Battered products. So good!!
About McCain Products:
- Crafted with real American Pale Ale
- Craft Beer Battered Potatoes Thin Cut, Craft Beer Battered Ridge Cut Fries, Craft Beer Battered Waffle Cut Fries, Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Onion Rings
Onion Ring Tower Nachos Supreme
Free printable Recipe here.
1 bag of frozen McCain Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Onion Rings
1 pound ground turkey or beef – browned
1 cup shredded Jack Cheese
1/2 cup guacamole
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa
1 medium tomato, diced
Jalapenos – optional
1. Prepare McCain Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Onion Rings as directed on the packaging.
2. While onion rings are cooking, begin browning the ground turkey/beef. I used ground turkey so the onion ring tower wouldn’t get too greasy.
3. Once the onion rings are prepared, nice and golden and crispy, build a tower on a large plate.
4. Pour the browned ground turkey over the onion ring tower.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the hot ground turkey.
6. Scoop the guacamole over the melted cheese and ground turkey.
7. Next add the sour cream to the onion ring tower.
8. Pour salsa over the tower.
9. Sprinkle diced tomato on top of the tower and toppings.
10. Eat warm and enjoy!
This is the perfect dish to set out for The Big Game. It is an easy but filling item that will have people wanting seconds. The onion rings add a great base for the nachos and the toppings could be switched up if needed. For our event I will be serving with a fork and plate, not a finger food by any means but the next time I am looking for a great party idea, I might make an Onion Ring Nacho Bar. This would allow people to top their own mini onion ring towers with yummy toppings.
Our Onion Ring Tower Nachos Supreme add a lot to our Big Game viewing parties. Appetizer or main dish – no matter how you spin this, your guests will remember your party for sure! McCain Craft Beer Battered Onion Rings give this dish a great flavor as well – beer, onions, nachos and football…what else do you need?
What tips do you have to make viewing parties even more fun for your guests?