Last Christmas I was introduced to “Christmas Crack”, terrible name for a delicious treat. Over the last few months I have been craving that treat but since it wasn’t Christmastime I didn’t think I could make it. Well, one of my coworkers got me thinking in a whole spring fashion and that gave me an idea.
Spring White Chocolate Cracker Toffee
Make the Christmas treat – a spring treat! DONE and done! Same ingredients just different types of chocolate and sprinkles!
Saltines – I used a sleeve and a half
1 cup butter – 2 sticks
1 cup brown sugar
1 pound almond bark – vanilla
Spring candies and sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Layer large baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
3. Place saltines on foil side by side.
4. In a medium sauce pan add butter and brown sugar and heat over medium heat.
5. Let mixture come to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes while constantly stirring mixture. It will burn so keep stirring!
6. Pour butter mixture over crackers.
7. Bake crackers for 8 minutes.
8. While waiting for crackers to be done, melt the almond bark.
9. Remove pan from oven and pour melted almond bark over the crackers evenly.
10. Decorate with sprinkles and candies.
11. Let toffee cool completely and carefully break into pieces.
I love this creation. It is the best dessert to bring to a party or the office. Everyone loves this recipe and now that I have created a spring option I cannot wait to make a few other seasonal options. YUM!!