Summertime means S’mores! At least in our family! We enjoy S’mores in the backyard on the fire pit and when we travel to our cabin up in the mountains. No matter the time we LOVE S’mores. I have created a number of super yummy S’mores inspired desserts over the years but I just had to try one more before the summer came to an end.
Mini S’mores Hand Pies
Refrigerated pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Roll out each pie crust and cut out 12 “pies” on each crust. I used a flower shaped cookie cutter to do this. You should end up with 24 cut outs.
3. Place 12 cut outs on the baking sheet.
4. Place a small piece of a graham cracker, one section of chocolate and 4 mini marshmallows on each cut out.
5. Place another piece of pie crust cut out on top of the fillings.
6. Carefully pinch the sides of each pie sealing up the S’more filling.
7. Spray each pie with cooking spray.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Serve warm and ENJOY!
These little mini pies are so good and really easy to make. Probably the hardest part is sealing the filling in between each pie. Yum! They are the perfect size for a nice treat.
Next time I make these I will be adding a few more marshmallows to the filling. I have also seen people put paper candy sticks inside these to create S’mores pops. Another fun idea. The desserts inspired by S’mores are pretty much endless and always delicious!