Disclosure: I was given a Toyota Land Cruiser to test drive for a week in exchange for a review. No compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own.
I have never considered myself a car gal but the moment this beauty was dropped off in my driveway the car gal in me came out strong! Let me introduce you to the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser and let me tell you why this particular SUV will have you searching for places to go while living in luxury in this car.
We had our road trip scheduled for the weekend we had this car and we were excited to hit the road. Getting into the Toyota Land Cruiser has me wanting to clean up my mom car and get it back to clean condition. It felt like a breath of fresh air to get into this car.
That being said, this is the type of mom car the mom in me wants. Sure, minivans are great but honestly, the Land Cruiser gives you all of the same specs as a minivan but in a much more stylish body. The style of the Land Cruiser screams luxury.
2017 Toyota Land Cruiser General Specs:
- EPA Estimated Fuel Economy* (city/highway MPG)
- Full-time four-wheel drive
- 8-speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)
- Seating Capacity 8 (3 Rows)
- Projector-beam Light Emitting Diode (LED) low and high beam headlights with auto level control and auto on/off feature, headlight cleaners and integrated Land Cruiser logo
- Color-keyed heated power, auto-dimming outside mirrors with cameras, turn signal indicators, vortex generators and power-folding, reverse tilt-down, memory features
- Rain-sensing aerodynamic variable intermittent windshield wipers and intermittent rear wiper
- Four-zone automatic front and rear climate control with air filter, dust and pollen filtration mode, push-button controls, separate second-row control panel, individual temperature settings for driver, front passenger and rear-seat passengers, and second- and third-row vents
- Rear-seat DVD entertainment system with two individual 11.6-inch display screens, RCA jacks, HDMI input, remote, and two wireless headphones
- Twelve cup and bottle holders
- Entune Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and Entune® App Suite
- Front and rear parking assist sonar
If you read all of those specs I am sure you can understand that our review of the Land Cruiser is only positive. Or jealously that our current vehicles do not have these specs! HA! I will be the first to admit that when I first sat down in the car to take the kids to their eye appointments I had to take about 10 minutes to figure out what I was doing. Hello technology! I do have a SUV currently, but the Land Cruiser sat even higher, and about 2 days into driving it I was used to that and actually miss it a little bit.
Top specs we enjoyed –
Cooling system. This last week has be HOT HOT HOT in Colorado but the Four-zone automatic front and rear climate control really helped us all stay nice and comfortable.
Sun Roof. Jeremy’s big request on our next vehicle request. Having the option of the sun roof being completely open or just half way open was great.
DVD system. This is was a huge asset during our road trip to the Royal Gorge.
Smooth and quiet ride. This is a large vehicle but it moved with grace and was super quiet, even on those small mountain highways.
Park assist. I am not a fan of parking in small areas, having this assist was very helpful.
Rain-sensing wipers! During our road trip it rained a few times. The first time it started raining hard and the wipers kept up with the rain it threw us for a loop but we finally figured out that this car was smarter than the rain drops! Pretty great!
Storage. For our road trip we packed pretty heavy. I was surprised at how much we could comfortable pack with out any issues.
Jude and Teagan’s Review:
When Jude and Teagan saw the Land Cruiser in our drive way they were so excited. Teagan’s first response was, “Its so shiny!” I asked the kids what their favorite parts were about this car.
- DVD player – of course!
- A radio that plays Kid Bop songs all day.
- Sun Roof.
- How the seats feel. (Leather seats)
- All of the cup holders!
Our family has never owned a Toyota before but after this week are certainly loving this brand. The Land Cruiser was a great family option that helped us ride in style no matter the destination. I think it is important to love the car you drive and Toyota has added so many great options to the Land Cruiser that this is certainly a vehicle that anyone can love.
Stay connected to Toyota:
Let’s Go Places!