Disclosure: I was given a Toyota Highlander to test drive for a week in exchange for a review. No compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own.
We are so lucky to live in a state with so many great places to escape for a weekend away. Colorado is filled with amazing mountain towns that allow us to escape, enjoy the fresh mountain air, explore the small towns, hike and relax. My family is especially lucky because we have a family cabin just minutes from the town of Leadville Colorado. We spend at least 2 weekends a summer at this cabin and really love exploring the town of Leadville while there.
Things To Do In Leadville Colorado
Other great things to consider while visiting Leadville:
- Winter visits – skiing, fat biking, snowmobiling and snowshoeing
- Bed and Breakfast
- Farmers Markets
- Jeep Tours
2017 Toyota Highlander Specs:
- The three-row 2017 Toyota Highlander offers multiple interior seat configurations with seating for seven or eight passengers.
- 20/25 mpg city/highway
- Front and rear air conditioning with air filter and second- and third-row vents
- Integrated backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Panoramic moon roof with power sunshade and jam protection
- Windshield wiper de-icer
- Rear-seat Blu-ray Disc™ entertainment system with 9-in. display, RCA jacks, remote and two wireless headphones
- Day/night rear view mirror
- Five total USB ports (three front and two second-row)
- Second-row retractable window sunshades
- Driver Easy Speak — driver voice amplification
- Child-protector rear door locks
- Great looking interior – leather accents and seating
- Moon roof
- Captain’s chairs for the kids – keeps them from fighting!
- Entertainment options
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Automatic trunk – great for when our hands are full
- Handled well in the mountains – great pick up for driving
- Gas mileage was great!
Jude and Teagan’s Review of the Toyota Highlander:
- The captain’s chairs in the middle row
- The DVD player – DUH! They actually liked the drop down screen better than the in the headrest screens we had in the Land Cruiser
- The sun roof
- Extra space between the captain’s chairs
Stay connected to Toyota:
Where did you spend your last summer weekend this Labor Day Weekend?